2004 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (198 reviews )
My dream car
By Oscuro on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My weekend car for the past 10 years was a '90 RX7 conv. Took an S2k for a 30 min. test ride in July over winding roads and fell in love with it. Great on turns and fab acceleration - especially in third gear. Interior very well designed and trunk very adequate room for a sports car. Had some difficulty fastening the cover over the top when it is down, but it's in place. To my taste, the styling beats all the other two seat convertables.

The best "British" sports car ever
By bob Nuttmann on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Wow, what a pleasure it is to drive this car. I have not had so much fun driving in years. This is what MG and esspecially Triumph would be selling today if they had kept improving the MGB and TR6 for the last 30 years. This is a roadster for those that want to experience the drive. It is absolutely not an isolation chamber to get you from point A to B with little involvement. I have taken this car for one 1000 mile road trip. Several hundred miles were on curvy two lanes. That was big fun. What was not fun was bumper to bumper through LA on the way home. In my opinion this is not a good commuter car.

After years of searching...
By Titan11 on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Well, just bought an '04 Silverstone with red/black interior. Holy crap is she beautiful! After years of stupidness thinking between the Boxster, 350Z, Z4 and M3s, I made the right choice by buying this beauty. The car speaks for itself and is an amazing example of what engineering can do and how badly it is lacking in American cars. I woke up this morning, kissed my wife first, kids second and the car third. I love this thing.

honda s2000
By s2000 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my s2000 for almost 2 years. It is very responsive, quick, easy to drive, fun, and I have no regrets about buying this car. I would definitely recommend one to anyone who wants a REAL sports car!

Great Car for the right person
By shockwave on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Have had the car for 3 weeks. Very fun to drive. Lack of low end torque is a problem. Very quick when revved high. 0- 60 times of under 6 seconds only with good driver and really slamming it through first 2 gears. Extremely quick after 4000 rpm. Seats a bit uncomfortable. Car is stunningly beautiful and will be a classic (perhaps soon; last S might be made in 2005). I don't really miss storage because we have a van. Long trips are a no no. Handling is the best in its class. If you like torque and quick starts get a mustang or 350Z.

S-2000 - There's nothing else like it!
By flhdhunter on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The S-2000 is one of the sexiest, fastest, smoothest shifting sports cars on the planet. A car with a 9,000RPM redline coupled with blinding speed, awesome handling, and a banshee like howl abouve 6,500RPM, yet still giving you 20MPG city - 30MPG highway....how can you go wrong? It is a BMW Z-4 and Porsche Boxster killer for about 15-20K less than the German autos. Add 6K worth of toys - a supercharger, Brembo brakes, shock tower supports, and an upgraded clutch, and you have almost 400HP in a 2,800lb car - this combo will definitely eat 911's and Ferrari's with aplomb.

Brilliant!
By CBaron on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Every trip is like a visit to the go-kart track. I can find nothing bad to say about this vehicle. I am constantly amazed at how few I see on the road, especially in contrast to the high numbers I see of more expensive and less well-performing two seaters.

WOW os what an S2000 means
By former racer on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many cars from rolls and MBenz to Jaguar to a Jensen Interceptor and this is the best all around speedster I have ever driven...needs a bit more weight in the rear end and has a rather tight suspension but for sheer manoeverability. speed, mileage and shifting flexability this is one great car with virtually no maintainance...I simply love it and for the money it is the best kept secret in road racers around.

Flat-Out Fun!
By Jim Steele on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

With the exception of cargo space, every aspect of the '04 Honda S2000 excels. I traded a BMW M3 convertable (bought it new in '99) and won't look back.

Exhilarating roadster: hell on wheels
By rick98sportster on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Absolutely stunning ride. Beautiful in Berlina Black. The 04's adjustments to peak torque and redline make the car more versitile without diminishing performance. The engine screams when you want it to. . .and the handling is superlative. Very liveable, even on a daily commute of 22 miles. I do benefit from reverse traffic, so not stuck in bumper to bumper. Acceleration is amazing and as I pile up the miles I am getting used to drawing the max out of an engine that loves to rev so high. Compared to my previous roadsters, i.e., 72 MGB and 68 Austin-Healy Sprite, this car is light years ahead in every respect.