Used 2004 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

Update after 35,000 miles
By Chris

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

First review was after owning for 5k miles. Current review is after two years. I can again confirm this was a smart purchase decision. Tire wear is always an issue with stock Bridgestone Potenza RE050's, but dry/wet grip is fanstastic. Also had the opportunity attent two open track days....well worth the money to get the experience. The S2000 handles fanstastically. Grin from ear to ear..can't wait to do it again. Criticisms: Rattling from convertible top latches; second gear grind early in life, seems to have gone away unless cold temps; passenger seatbelt rattles on door pannel/seat One last note: this car CAN be driven in the winter. Snow tires are a must and work great!

Convertible top operation is very quick; clutch take up is linear, steering is very direct without slop, brakes are very robust, love the HID headlamps and LED taillights. Love sitting 4 inches off the ground. Suspension tuning is great, lacks any signifcant body roll.

Interior rattles can annoy some, ingress/egress is difficult if you're tall (no prob for me!), buying tires gets expensive because of staggered F/R sizes, too much brake dust on front rotors (sprited driving and track days), definately needs a better stereo..more speakers, sub- woofer...something.

Exotic 2 seat dream!
By Mike

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Without a doubt, one of the BEST 2 seat convertibles on the market today. I have wanted this car since it arrived over 5 years ago. But waited for what seems like an eternity to finally get it.

Power, Handling, Styling, Transmission, not anything bad that I can think of.

Convertible top cover!, What a pain to put on. Basically it stays in the garage. More storage room (glovebox), and a standard factory security system to keep all the eyes off of my car.

Love that S2000
By vernfin

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is all about performance. If you're looking for cushy luxury it isn't for you. But I get out of the car with a grin every day and the howl it makes over 7000 rpm is pure joy.

Go-kart handling and high-reving fun. Pleasing body lines and Honda quality throughout

If there was any way to soften up the ride and retain that glorious handling it would be great. But physics gets in the way.

Instant Classic
By Natey Nate

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The car was purchased as my weekend fun car. I have a 96 accord Ex which is my daily driver. But when I get behind the wheel of this little pocket rocket, I just loose my mind. There isnít any other car I would consider on my S2K and I looked at the BMW Z4 as well as the Porsche Boxster but could compare to her.

Performance, handling

How can you impove perfection?

gotta love it
By Suzette

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 3 years and I still love driving it. the V tech thrills me every time it kicks in. And the responsive handling is fun on winding roads. I love this little jem.

the body style is classy and makes the car look much more expenceive than it is.

could use a better wind break to slow up the back draft.