2004 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (198 reviews )
2 much fun for the buck
By Kahuna on 06/21/05 12:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I spent a lot of time researching what sport car i was going to get. this one had everything i wanted and you cannot beat the performance for the price. the power top is quick and easy and the car is a complete blast to drive. just driving or in the parking lot people will comment or rubberneck. go to the dealership and look at the sticker price, take it for a spin, and it will be very difficult to leave without it.

Had to have Another
By Dwenojavid on 06/03/05 21:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Previously owned a 2001 model that I had to change because of all year round functionality. Missed the vehicle so much that I couldn't wait to own another. Found a 2004 model. Just love the upgrades such as bigger engine, wheels,more torque etc. Delighted to be back behind the wheel of this little machine. The 2004 model is definitely easier to drive than the 2001 and I am still convinced that this is the best value for money in its class on the road. At 6'2" anything but a truck can be tight but this is quite comfortable. It is a really fun to drive vehicle and still turns heads even though it has been around for 5 years plus. Hope to keep for a long time.

Tremendous Second Vehicle
By adguva on 05/27/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the 2004 S2K as a second vehicle to add a fun alternate to the fully owned, practical SUV. Tried a few competitors, but the S2K came in ahead of them all. Performance, for the price, lays all the others aside (save possibly for the Nissan 350Z). The S2K has become the vehicle of choice, but for bulk errands and carting the (large) dog around. The car is not for family convenience, but driving pleasure. Even a short commute is enhanced by the fun and, frankly, driveability of the S2K. Clearance (into work garage ramp and driveway) were no problem (slow and at an angle) for city driving, but the fun comes in on the open highway. Watch your speed - it takes you past legal w/o thought.

The Yellow Hornet
By Judith Johnson on 04/23/05 04:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car has major curb appeal, handles like a dream and makes driving anything else very disappointing. However, it has to use premium gas, will only carry 400 pounds in passengers and luggage, must be hand washed, children under 12 cannot ride in it and it is not comfortable for a taller driver due to the way the headrest on the seats is constructed. It is very expensive to get a satellite radio installed and there is no place to put anything like a purse if you are hauling a passenger.

Best rag-top under $50K
By SLWeinstein on 03/14/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The S2K is one of those cars that actually exceeds expectations. Honda did a great job improving the car for 2004 by making it more street worthy. I tried the BMW Z-4 (disappointing handling and hot cabin), Miata (cute but not up to date in terms of performance), Boxster (driving position difficult to adjust and overpriced but otherwise my second choice). The more I drive the S2K themore I appreciate the purity and grace of this roadster. It's the best auto bargain out there. Now if only they would add run flat tires...

Honda does it again!!!!
By jorge r hernandez on 01/27/05 15:54 PM (PST)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The best car Honda has ever made (next to the venerable NSX). Not to sound cliche, but from the first time I drove it off the lot I knew that I was in for the ride of my life. The S2000 is the great example of perfection in terms of form and function. The 240 hp engine wails all the way up to 9000 rpm (01-03) leaving anything on the road behind. The body is simple and crisp. Too simple for some but just right for the enthusiast.

WOW S2K
By slweinstein on 01/21/05 13:42 PM (PST)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

As close to roadster perfection as you can get for under $60,000. Rarely does a sportscar outperform your initial expectations; this one does!

Reminds me of a MG A Twin Cam
By W&G S2K on 01/12/05 11:21 AM (PST)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased an S 2000, after considering a BMW Z4. This car is a hoot, and in my opinion a much better value as a true sports car than the BMW. When I was in college my roommate had a new MG A Twin Cam. Yes, I am over 65! Any way, the MG, as I recall was red lined over 7000 RPM, and it would screem at high rev's, just like the S2K. I recall that most of those MG's experienced a total engine failure after about 10,000 miles. Everything about the S2000 is great except the cover for the top (it's a chore to put on properly). I am also disappointed in the lack of oil pressure and electric gauges.

2004 Suzuka Blue
By Gixxer 1000 on 01/03/05 18:21 PM (PST)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just went from a Miata to the S2000 and am glad I did. I am 6' tall and did not fit well in the Miata. Fit, performance, quality and styling are my top prioroities in my selection of the S2000. I hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

Honda S2000 - Drop Top Heaven
By James Holly on 12/04/04 10:20 AM (PST)

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The Honda S2000 is an amazing vehicle. It's styling is the best of any car on the road. People yell, "Nice car, mister!" all the time when I drive past. That never happened with any other car I've ever owned, and I'm 47 years old so I've owned a few. The interior is like the cockpit of an F-16 fighter. It's a great, snug fit, like a perfect set of driving gloves. Every control is within easy reach, and every instrument is easily read. The 6 speed shifter has short throws that scream precision! The car's reflexes are razor sharp, and there is no lag time when you want to accelerate. You do it NOW! Ripping off 8 grand shifts is such a blast! And all with the top down. What a car!