Used 2004 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

S-2000 is a good choice.
By drk

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Extremely fun car to drive. Tracks extremely well in hi-speed corners. Tremendous power once rolling because the VTEC engine develops its real power at mid to high rpms. The hard molded convertible boot cover is of little practical use (takes up much of trunk when not installed) but I think it does look good on the car.

Favorite Features

Handling and I driving fun.

Suggested Improvements

An automatic boot cover that is part of the rear panel deck would be a nice feature.

What a fun car!
By toshi

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This had been my dream car until I boght it, and has been my dream car since I bought it. I knew this car has great performance, but I am a bit surprised how easy it is to drive this. Also a surprise has been a ride. It is firm, but very comfortable. My gf usually gets car sick on winding roads, but never on S2000.

Favorite Features

Sharp handling, engine sound at high rev, firm and stable suspension, crisp transmission, color (I got Suzuka Blue!), simple and cute design (both interior and exterior).

Suggested Improvements

Floor mat that covers the entire floor would be better.

serious fun in a roadster
By hirev

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

so far after 8000 miles and 6 months this car is near perfect. just oil changes. no oil use. don't beleive what others say about no low end torque. this car goes, and handles, and has a great ride, even for distances. the build quality is excellent. lows:crappy stereo, cramped interior room, twitchy oversteering at limit takes time to master...highs, performance, build quality, features, a/c, gearbox, brakes, engine, rigid mid/front engine designed chassis is second to none. and when you vetc it just screams from 6,0000 to 8200 rpm. this car is not for everyone, just serious roadster carnuts who can appreciate this limited production hand built honda.

Favorite Features

gearbox,brakes, seats, looks, power top standard features...value and build quality, and it's amazine engine

Suggested Improvements

slightly cramped interior, very poor quality stereo, needs one touch down windows and power locks switch on drivers door.

Great car
By JMF7854

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

great car, fun on the back roads and It turns heads everytime I take it out. Great value and when It smokes cars more expensive by $20,000 you can't beat the feeling. It also seems to run better as It gets more miles on It

Favorite Features

Fast and quick

Suggested Improvements

better stereo

Crotch Rocket
By Dabme

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

For those looking for an upgrade in power and styling from the super fun Mazda Miata, the Honda S2000 will provide the boost. I felt like I moved from a go cart to a formula one, allowing me to make a move into traffic whenever I wanted to rather than have to yield for a large opening. The controls layout, handling and stability are superb.

Favorite Features

I hate to admit it, but I love the attention I get in my S2000. Not a day goes by when someone doesn't acknowlegde the car's look, often going out of their way to comment on my "little Ferrari."

Suggested Improvements

Headrest speakers should come standard, but there will still be plenty of times you'll hit the mute button so you can enjoy the engine's roar.