Used 2004 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (198 reviews )

Most Helpful|
After years of searching...
By Titan11

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Well, just bought an '04 Silverstone with red/black interior. Holy crap is she beautiful! After years of stupidness thinking between the Boxster, 350Z, Z4 and M3s, I made the right choice by buying this beauty. The car speaks for itself and is an amazing example of what engineering can do and how badly it is lacking in American cars. I woke up this morning, kissed my wife first, kids second and the car third. I love this thing.

Favorite Features

Come on...the whole damn thing is great

Suggested Improvements

N/A

04 S2000 review
By Richard Rafter

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Quick, fun to drive, never had a mechanical problem. More “nice car” comments from other people than I have had for any car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Good looks and very quick for a 4 cylinder. The car turns heads.

Suggested Improvements

More storage space. bigger trunk.

2 much fun for the buck
By Kahuna

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I spent a lot of time researching what sport car i was going to get. this one had everything i wanted and you cannot beat the performance for the price. the power top is quick and easy and the car is a complete blast to drive. just driving or in the parking lot people will comment or rubberneck. go to the dealership and look at the sticker price, take it for a spin, and it will be very difficult to leave without it.

Favorite Features

The body lines and the leather interior are sharp! the gearbox has short tight throws and the clutch is very forgiving. the engine is always ready for more throttle and the vtec is a real kick in the seat.

Suggested Improvements

an option for traction control would be nice.

first sports car
By jdg

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The S2k is my first and maybe my last sports car and I love it. It is the most beautiful car that I have owned. Mine is black on black, which in my opinion is the best color for this car. It goes down the expressway like it was on a rail and it rolls down the city side streets with all eyes on the car.

Favorite Features

the performance

Suggested Improvements

more interior storage

The best "British" sports car ever
By bob Nuttmann

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Wow, what a pleasure it is to drive this car. I have not had so much fun driving in years. This is what MG and esspecially Triumph would be selling today if they had kept improving the MGB and TR6 for the last 30 years. This is a roadster for those that want to experience the drive. It is absolutely not an isolation chamber to get you from point A to B with little involvement. I have taken this car for one 1000 mile road trip. Several hundred miles were on curvy two lanes. That was big fun. What was not fun was bumper to bumper through LA on the way home. In my opinion this is not a good commuter car.

Favorite Features

Absoulute jewel like quality. Beautiful look. Toss around handling. Transmission. Clutch. Red starter button. Perfect paint. Perfect leather. This car will still be very desirable in 30 years. And between now and then it will need little repair. Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The motor is true to the British style, but much much more powerful. That said though, maybe I would prefer the 3 litre 240 hp V6. The 4 is very fun, but quite noisy. And the ride is a bit too rough. The cubby holes need improvement.