Used 2004 Honda S2000 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda S2000

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (198 reviews )

Tough Decision -
By s2point2k

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I love the way it handles, I love the way it accelerates, and I love the way it feels zooming down the highway at 80 mph with the wind rushing by. I bought a used 2004 with 39,800 miles on it and in amazingly good condition for about $18,000 hoping to have both a fun car to drive and an investment that would maintain or lose very little value over time. I nailed it. I show the car a few times a year and still find myself clearing my calendar when the weather is going to be good so I can take it for a nice long drive. Tough decision? Drive it or store it? Driving is a blast, but storing it will only increase the value (or bleeds out the value more slowly).

Suggested Improvements

Wow . . . I can't say anything comes to mind. If you want something different, then buy a different car.

s2000
By BYRDMAN

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Amazing vehicle, I drive it daily and I don't believe there is a more fun to drive vehicle that is this dependable. I have taken to drag strip, ran great times, had around BMS a few laps and no issues. Do the maintenance and drive it. I do not have one complaint.

Favorite Features

Best shifting transmission ever! swapped to Mobil 1 synthetic transmission fluid ( a little stiff cold) and best feel ever.

great car
By fallcityfisher

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

What a great car. Like a motorcycle with four wheels. I have had zero problems. Handles like its on rails. Full size golf bag fits in trunk, just don't try two!

Favorite Features

Handling. Looks. Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Very poor radio and the steering wheel should be adjustable, as it is I can only drive for about an hour before my back begins to ache, but then again I didn't buy it for cross country travel.

The little Rocket
By Honda Kid

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This little car handle like a rocket.I own a 2007 Honda Si, this car handle well, but not as good as the S2000. Well, if you want to hear this little rocket vtec kicks, shift to first gear and accelerate until you hit 8000 rpm and shift to second gear and will will know what I am talking about. Don't believe me! Try it for yourself.

Favorite Features

vtec, power, handling corner, pick up

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy

My Black Roadster
By Pete

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

At 60-years young I've been a car nut most of my adult life. I have to admit the S2 is the most fun machine I've driven. Value?... you would have to pay thousands more to get a roadster with the handling, performance, & styling of the S2. I'd like to know the process or the nut who figured the S2 @ 20 mpg! I'm on my 2nd S2 the very worst I've gotten, driving hard in the mountains, was 22 mpg, I'll average 24 mpg on the highway 27 mpg.

Favorite Features

Fun car to drive on the highway or track. Great performance and reliability for the buck and man is it fun running the gears with its jewel like short-throw tranny!

Suggested Improvements

Much rather have analog speed-o and tack plus an oil pressure and 12-volt gauge is needed. The interior seats are too narrow for us wide guys and the total interior could stand a more up to date design. Imagine the performance if Honda added a 3.0L+ six cylinder to the S2!!!