Used 2003 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (209 reviews )

03 S2000 Owner
By SlvrStoneS2k

2003 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car has surpased all of my expectations. Honda has done a terrific job with this car, it is what everyone says it is and more.

Favorite Features

Everything about the car is great, it is hard to pick only a few of the favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

None, it's perfect as it is.

clutch @ 11400
By ibis49

2003 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have 11400 miles on this vehicle and the clutch is sliping to the point the car is not drivable. Honda is saying it is normal wear and tear to have this problem. They are charging me $1,025.00 to put in a new clutch as they will not cover it under warranty as a defect. In 35 years of driving, I have never had a clutch go out in 11000 miles. As far as i am concerned Honda is not living up to its hyped up reputation. I am selling the vehicle and buying one that I can drive and have a company stand behind it's product. Randy pope

What's Not to Like?
By one1bmwnut

2003 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The screaming 9000 RPM engine is a heavenly sound that awakens me every morning to prepare me for another day! I've heard criticisms that the engine evenually wears on one because of noise and high RPM requirements. Quite to the contrary, after 5500 miles, the four cyclinder's thrilling sound still awakens the teenager within me. Suspension and ride? Absolutely incredible! No shakes and not as harsh as the M Roadster. Tight and firm! Build quallity? Second to none! No irritating returns to the dealership. Looks? Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I'll take it over BMWs Z4 any day of the week.

Favorite Features

Engine! There is nothing like the experience of RPMs climbing, climbing - you arrive at 9000 RPMs and think "Oh, my heavenly word!" You think that you've just left the start line at the US Grand Prix and are racing to the first turn! Where are those red Ferraris?

Suggested Improvements

Improvements? You're kidding, right? For $30,000? I'm one happy camper! Ok, ok, how about a better radio and speaker combo?

everything i ever dreamed of, but more
By Larry Skillzs

2003 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had it for 4 months now and everytime I step into the drivers seat and turn the key I love it even more. I raced it all summer(including 8g neutral drops)and the only car that beat me was a e55 amg. I paid for those neutral drops in late sept when my clutch blew and i paid out 1800 for a whole new tranny =). I've read the reviews and people complain about heated seats, power seats, blah blah. This is a true sports car, period. If you want all that stuff the s2000 is not what you are looking for. I really feel the only sports car that can give you the same feeling as you feel in the S is a ferrari

Favorite Features

VTEC, 9000rpm, clutch, hid lighting system, handling, having people drool over it, convertible, exhaust note in cabin

Suggested Improvements

stereo upgrade

Fantastic Ride
By martha

2003 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was the best car I have owned by far. The handling is superb. I always have the top down...as long as the sun is shining. Unfortunately, I have to put it up in the winter but it just makes it all the sweeter to drive in the summer.

Favorite Features

The shifting is incredible. Very tight corners. Takes off like a rocket.