2002 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: Totally Cool Roadster

2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Totally Cool Roadster
By Ed Horowitz on

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I can sum up in one word what this Honda S2000 is, "COOL". It is registered and regarded as a car. But, it performs like no car that I ever had before. Its performance is more like a four wheeled motorcycle and is low slung like a go cart. It gets attention and looks wherever I take it. I wasn't exactly thrilled about running it on super unleaded gas at first. However, its stingy, strong running four banger gets me 26 to 28 miles to the gallon combined city and freeway driving. When I took it to my Honda dealer for its first service appointment, I was afraid that I was in for one heck of a bill. Surprisingly, my wife's Camry cost more to service. I am very happy with my S2000.

Favorite Features

Its great looks, performance, comfort, and reliability make it a great car to own and drive.

Suggested Improvements

A motorized power drivers seat could be offered as an option for those of us who are short legged. I need to have the seat all the way back to enter and exit the car. Once I am in, I adjust the seat for my leg length and comfort.