2002 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )
Freakin' Awesome!
By kwyxand on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the most fun you can have outside of sex! The power surge that you get when the VTEC cuts in takes you from "driving the car" to "just holding on" is a rush! And the handling was a pleasant surprise... my Acura TL-S feels like a boat now. Thr controls are easy to operate and well positioned for the most part... I'm not real fond of the cup holder in the console since it interferes with shifting when there is a 16oz cup in it. And the stereo is just okay. It could benefit from a few more amps and better speaker placement... the CD also has skipping problems, probably from the stiff suspension... not a sign of the quality unit that I expected.

Awesome Vehicle, MUst Get
By STan on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a very nice car. It has great fuel economy. And also has a powerful engine that has a 9 redline.

Very new S2!
By FF2Skip on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After test driving one, I bought one not for the looks, but for its superb handling. I begged my wife to test drive it. Golf clubs fit in the trunk unlike the MR2. Seats are reassuringly firm, supportive when cornering hard. After 200 miles, I still haven't found a comfortable position to rest my left arm for any extended period of time (freeway driving). As everyone has already noted, running this car at such high rpm's is different- the ear has to adjust. Top operation is quick and easy. It's amazing that so many people do not even know what it is! Guess they haven't seen "Fast & the Furious."

owesomee
By mizrak on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this car has no limitation on speed.

SWEET RIDE
By Lelandro on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

A week before I test drove and bought this car, I tested a Corvette. The Honda's handling, feel for the road, and pure fun was far superior and at a much, much lower cost. Like the NSX, Honda knows how to build a sweet ride.

S2000 The Good, The Bad, and The Pretty
By stanhan on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is one fun car to drive. If you want to rev, shift and run through the twisties this car is for you. It made me forget about my long lost motorcycle and even the C-5 I sold a couple years ago. In stock form I think it offers just about every feature you could ask for. With it's reliability, power convertible top, and performance, there simply isn't anything close for the money (why do you think dealers can mark them up and won't EVER sell them under sticker???). Don't expect the raw power of a V-8. The rear-end was defective ($7,000!). Honda stepped up and repaired it under the factory warranty.

Great Car, Lousy Transmission
By Jeramy on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in December of 2001. Lust at first sight and Love at first drive. After six wonderful months with the car the transmission went sour. The dealership where I live, Allen Honda in College Station, TX claimed the car had been abused and therefore would not be covered under warranty. For sure, I drive hard. But... The car has never been on a race track, I have never missed a shift at high rpm, etc. etc. FYI, the Honda Customer Service rep. told me that shifting at redline can be construed as abuse?!?! Needless to say I will never own another Honda for the rest of my days.

Watch out for the tranmission
By Luv2drv on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall the car is great. However, you got to watch out for the transmission. Not built for the power of the car. Lots of recalls on the transmission, and Honda is not supportive of issues with the transmission because of the numerous problems with it. Other than that, it drives great, looks great!

2002 honda S2000
By Geoff Jr on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had a race with my friends boxter and enjoyed an awsome victory celebration. This car is the most awsome car i have ever driven and owned. I have read every review on the internet before getting this car and it is better than I had dreamed. The 2002 is far more refined than the earlier models but one thing is the same the explosive engine at high RPM's.

Honda S2000
By gdw on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you want a driver's car, not a luxury car, this is the one. This car is made to be driven hard, but still is fun cruising the town. But take it on a twisty road, and it comes alive