Used 2002 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda S2000

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )

FTD buddy.
By MikeWsBlueS2K

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is an agile DRIVING MACHINE. It can't simply be called a sports car. It's no drag racer, but in all other aspects it excells. It is a great autocross car (7 of the top 10 B-stock cars in 2002 were S's). It should do well in all types of hard driving. I am a bit scared in the rain. The Bridgestone S0-2's are very soft and great on dry roads, but they have no center rain channel and tend to hydroplane. In Florida that is a big deal.

Favorite Features

F-1 inspired cockpit

Suggested Improvements

One touch roof operation, bigger wheels and brakes, and a serious stereo.

Fab Car
By Blackdragon

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this in January and love it to death. Amazing control and performance - looks fantastic too. Has been driven daily and still gives me a smile each time I hit vtec

Favorite Features

Reving at 9000rpm - fantastic feeling

Suggested Improvements

Paint and windscreen seem quite soft - stone chips can be a problem.

Nine months later...
By FFSkip

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What started out as a weekend/good weather-only vehicle has now developed into "I-gotta-drive-it-every-chance-I- get" kinda car!!! Now, I crave that distinct 6500-9000 VTEC range. Tires go relatively quickly, but these and the car make amateurs like me look like F1 drivers. And if you spend a fair amount of time in VTEC, you'll be adding oil. That's a small price to pay, IMO. Then there's the whole "What- kind-of-car-is-that?" thing that makes you feel even better about your purchase. You will get over some people asking if it's a Miata, because some will think it's a Boxster. Both are wrong AND you can take both!

Favorite Features

"What kind of car is that?" Amazing handling. Convertible. Other S2000 owners(www.s2ki.com). Relatively unknown vs. Z3/4, Miata, Boxster. Reliability that doesn't sacrifice power.

Suggested Improvements

Considering what the car is designed for, not a whole needs to be changed. Maybe the Modulo version available stateside would be nice(even better handling!).

Love this car
By ksm1998

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is so much fun to drive. I have driven and owned many cars and for the money, this car cannot be beat. Even below 6000 rpm the car is quick, but hit 6000 and you FLY. Drives like it is on rails and very comfortable (I am 6'1").

Favorite Features

Sweet 6-speed. Formula 1 sound.

Suggested Improvements

Sub behind front seat, otherwise perfect.

If I could I'd give it an 11
By Coleman

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned most euro. sports cars over the years and this Honda is head and shoulders above any of them. I was in the market for another German Spotrs car and while at the dealership I spoke with another consumer who couldn't stop talking about the S2000, reluctent to buy a Honda I went and drove one anyway and the rest is history, the fun factor is an 11.

Favorite Features

Driveability, driven hard it performes like an F1 car, but if you take it easy it cruses very nice, I almost get 30 mpg on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

For larger drivers it may be cramped, I am very comfortable at 5'8" 155lbs, but the space is limited as with any roadster.