Used 2002 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )

The sport bike you can drive...
By RickyCRX

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is truly best-defined as "The sport bike you can drive." Or "A bike with doors." The electric top is a great creature comfort. The car is one of the best handling cars I've ever driven (including Corvette Z-06's and 3rd gen RX-7's). It's reliable enough to be a daily driver. The "lack of low end torque" has never been a problem, except when initially starting out from a stoplight. Once you get moving 10-15 feet, you can blow away anything around you. This car does just fine if you drive around town all day shifting at 4000rpm (not even half of it's usable RPM range).

Electric convertible top, VTEC switchover @ 6000rpm, instrumentation and controls, simplicity of engine compartment.

Give a little more low end torque (as has been done for the '04 models), and give more color combinations (both interior and exterior). Those are my only complaints.

AWESOME
By S2000jaybird

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

A very fun car to drive. i can pull up next to almost anyone and beat them, believe me, i do!!!! You also get looks from everyone, everyone loves this car

Perfect Sports Car
By Mugen S2k

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Its just as fun now as it was when it rolled off the showroom floor, best car for the money(PERFORMENCE) the looks, the "ohhh is that a porsche", and the 9 thousand RPM redline is to die for, ill never own anything else till they stop making it. TRUE INDY INSPIRED CAR, this car was not made for picking up the kids, it is a true street legal race car.

push button start, HID headlamps, handling and of corse the VTEC

Bring down the pricew of the hard top, that is my one and only complaint

Happy NC Owner
By anthro

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Originally I wanted a 350Z Roadster. After test driving one I was impressed. I then looked at the Honda. I liked the build quality of the interior much better. After driving it I was sold. Wow! I feel like I put my car on in the morning. I still like the Z, but for less money I got a better interior and a better performing car.

I love the handling. It feels like an extension of myself.

GPS option?

The Cars I Missed Buying Rolled Into One
By Crabby Guy

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It's just not possible to go 100 feet in my S2000 without breaking into an ear-to-ear grin that lasts for hours after leaving the car. This is truly, by design, a racing car. The S2000 does not really handle like a car--it's somewhere between a go- cart and a motorcyle. The engine is perfectly satisfactory up to 5000 RPM for driving in even stop-and-go traffic. From 5000 to red line at 9000, you go into warp drive. I missed buying a Porsche Speedster and a 356SC, I turned down a great deal on a 289 Cobra, and I passed on a Lotus Super 7. They are all in the S2000 with the reliability of a Honda. I will keep this car for the rest of my life.

Appearance, Ricarro seats, Momo steering wheel, perfectly neutral handling, superb turn-in, a motor that is the most remarkable mechanical creation I have ever experienced.

A tad more storage in the interior would be handy.