2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )
This car is awesome!!!
By Kalcium on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Forget Z3/4, Forget SLK's, forget the 350Z, forget TT's, even forget Boxters (not Boxster S though), THIS CAR IS AMAZING. It's like a motorcycle on four wheels. On the fun to drive and reliability scale, it's off the charts. Clearly though it does not have accord reliability, but it's still a VERY stable and dependable Honda.

I is a college Grad
By owUdoin on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Happy B-day to me!And I graduated!I need a head turning,heart pumping,juices flowing,girl just smiled at me!,neighbors are coveting,wanna a ride girls?,high fiving,G- forcing,ragtop!I found it! Here's a toast to all S200 owners! P.S.....After you park it,how many times do you look back to admire?

Great Car
By cntrlflgrrl on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great all around! Especially for the price. I still smile everytime I get in.

One Great Roadster
By hammer down on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

S2000 is a great roadster. Fun to drive with excellent handling, stylish headturning looks and reasonably priced to boot. Put's a smile on my face every day.

Greatest Car Ever
By shemp on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have lusted after this car for 5 yrs since I laid eyes on it seeing it as a concept car. I finally got the chance to purchase one this past fall. I test drove over 50 vehicles trying to find one that would make me change my mind about buying an S2000. Both my parents and my girlfriend pleaded against the S2000, but there was no car that made me feel the way I did behind the wheel of what I consider an "F-1 race car with an extra seat." I LOVE THIS CAR.

Love my convertable..lifetime dream!
By Pharmacist on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have wanted a convertable since 1953. The S2000 is my first and the true joy of driving has been revealed. I really do make up excuses to drive somewhere just to get behind the wheel. What a delight!

Best Value on the road
By frussell on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 4 months and it gets better every day. I bought it on- line and paid $200 over invoice. I had to travel an hour to get it but it was well worth it, local dealers were all sticker or sticker +. After driving Z3's and Boxsters this is faster, better handling and I don't see 5 on the way to work every day.

new S2000
By dundonrl on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

great weekend/alternative car.. it has enough power for around town, and above 6000 rpm really wakes up when the VTEC enables the high lift lobes on the cams

Luv this car!
By HiFlyer on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Anyone who says they need more torque doesn't know how to drive a high-rev machine. You can spin the wheels forever at a dead stop forever if you care to waste rubber. Shifting is smooth at all revs but don't try to skip gears at hi-revs. Tires don't wear...get the Dunlop super sport assymetrics at Tires.com for great wet/dry traction, anti-hydro and (relatively)long life...much better than the original Bridgestones. I wouldn't change much of anything.

The perfect secondary vehicle
By s2kterpnut on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Perfect non-primary car for top-down, sporting fun. Everything one would expect from a first-rate sports car: powerful high-reving engine, great handling, rigid chassis, good brakes and sticky tires. Manual tranny, rough ride, noise and limited storage make this a poor daily commuter though.