Used 2002 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda S2000

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )

Totally Cool Roadster
By Ed Horowitz

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I can sum up in one word what this Honda S2000 is, "COOL". It is registered and regarded as a car. But, it performs like no car that I ever had before. Its performance is more like a four wheeled motorcycle and is low slung like a go cart. It gets attention and looks wherever I take it. I wasn't exactly thrilled about running it on super unleaded gas at first. However, its stingy, strong running four banger gets me 26 to 28 miles to the gallon combined city and freeway driving. When I took it to my Honda dealer for its first service appointment, I was afraid that I was in for one heck of a bill. Surprisingly, my wife's Camry cost more to service. I am very happy with my S2000.

Favorite Features

Its great looks, performance, comfort, and reliability make it a great car to own and drive.

Suggested Improvements

A motorized power drivers seat could be offered as an option for those of us who are short legged. I need to have the seat all the way back to enter and exit the car. Once I am in, I adjust the seat for my leg length and comfort.

A blast to drive
By John Kirk

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Not only is it fun to drive but the quality is just excellent in every area. It's also nice that you don't see one on every corner.

Favorite Features

Handling and performance.

My Dream Came True
By SoonerEd

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Since my high school days (many years ago) I have always wanted a sports car. For one reason or another I never got one. I retired two years ago and last month I purchased an '02 S2000. I think I have died and gone to heaven. It is a blast. It gets a lot of looks. I realize I have not had it very long but plan to come back to this site in a year and write a glowing report. It fits my needs perfectly. I was not sure about the Suzuka blue at first but it is growing on me. Impractical for everyday perhaps but for a fun car it is great.

Favorite Features

I really like the body style. It is a great looking car. This one is three years old and looks like new. Quality of workmanship is tops.

Suggested Improvements

I'm completely satisfied. Maybe in a year or so I'll find something not to my liking but I doubt it.

Great Fun Sport Car!
By NGEPOT

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is fast, sporty, gets lots of looks and positive comments and blasting around on backroads and even around town is a great deal of fun. Ride is good, handling is solid and the engine and transmission 6 speeds are an absolute joy. It runs great and handles very well indeed. S2000 is really fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Engine start button, HID headlights, and sexy looks

Too much fun!
By Tom

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a full month now and I've got to say it is just exhilarating to drive. Such a stiff chassis and almost no lean. Hit the throttle and once it hits 6k you're in for a delight that almost feels like it should be illegal(keep hitting 9k in 3rd and 4th and it will be) You learn to pack light, and just enjoy the car. For those who complain that its bumpy and small, why did you buy an s2000? Thats not the point. If you want a reliable, fun, high performance drivers car this is for you. 6 speed is smooth, integrity is great. Change the factory stereo/speakers though, Tire performance is excellent but wear quicker. Your constant grinning will have everyone think your crazy!

Favorite Features

Engine Start button, Power Top, 9k redline, reliability, great looks, razor sharp handling, HID headlights,

Suggested Improvements

Would actually prefer analog gauges to the digital, although digital is cool too, maybe an insulated soft top to make it more bearable for those who live in colder climates, along with heated seats?(I know, its no Bimmer..but it'd be nice)