Used 2002 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda S2000

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (136 reviews )

Would do it all over again!
By Roelof

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love to drive and specialy in this car, it is like it is another body part. The car and you become one when you drive it. I have certainly had my share of cars and I have had the opportunity to drive just about anything, all except the McLaren F1. Many Ferrari's including the F40. But for shear fun, the s2000 is a very affordable, stable, fast and wonderful little sportscar. The frame is well balanced, the engine is like a small formula one motor, and the shiftpoints in the transmission are simply where you want them to be. This is a drivers car. This is my second s2000 and I would by another s2000 again.

Drives and handles like a dream. Rock solid design. Fast without the fuel cost. I drive the car frequently hard and have no problems what so ever. Just needs an oil change from time to time. And I have driven over 100.000 miles in two s2000's. Still drives and handles like day one.

Just a little more torque or if you want more power. Get a supercharger or turbo for about $5000 and beat 99% of all cars on the road.

Totally Cool Roadster
By Ed Horowitz

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I can sum up in one word what this Honda S2000 is, "COOL". It is registered and regarded as a car. But, it performs like no car that I ever had before. Its performance is more like a four wheeled motorcycle and is low slung like a go cart. It gets attention and looks wherever I take it. I wasn't exactly thrilled about running it on super unleaded gas at first. However, its stingy, strong running four banger gets me 26 to 28 miles to the gallon combined city and freeway driving. When I took it to my Honda dealer for its first service appointment, I was afraid that I was in for one heck of a bill. Surprisingly, my wife's Camry cost more to service. I am very happy with my S2000.

Its great looks, performance, comfort, and reliability make it a great car to own and drive.

A motorized power drivers seat could be offered as an option for those of us who are short legged. I need to have the seat all the way back to enter and exit the car. Once I am in, I adjust the seat for my leg length and comfort.

A blast to drive
By John Kirk

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Not only is it fun to drive but the quality is just excellent in every area. It's also nice that you don't see one on every corner.

Handling and performance.

My Dream Came True
By SoonerEd

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Since my high school days (many years ago) I have always wanted a sports car. For one reason or another I never got one. I retired two years ago and last month I purchased an '02 S2000. I think I have died and gone to heaven. It is a blast. It gets a lot of looks. I realize I have not had it very long but plan to come back to this site in a year and write a glowing report. It fits my needs perfectly. I was not sure about the Suzuka blue at first but it is growing on me. Impractical for everyday perhaps but for a fun car it is great.

I really like the body style. It is a great looking car. This one is three years old and looks like new. Quality of workmanship is tops.

I'm completely satisfied. Maybe in a year or so I'll find something not to my liking but I doubt it.

Great Fun Sport Car!
By NGEPOT

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is fast, sporty, gets lots of looks and positive comments and blasting around on backroads and even around town is a great deal of fun. Ride is good, handling is solid and the engine and transmission 6 speeds are an absolute joy. It runs great and handles very well indeed. S2000 is really fun to drive!

Engine start button, HID headlights, and sexy looks