2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )
Update
By Helios on 06/04/05 10:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car since February 2002, and it still puts a huge grin on my face. Even after three years of driving over potholed roads, the chassis is still tight - slight shaking of the passenger seat is the only tip-off that the car's not brand new. Engine's stronger than ever; shifter's still a dream to operate. I've installed a larger wind blocker for better top-down driving. I also removed the tray holding the tools for an extra cubic foot of trunk space. This car's therapy on wheels. It lacks the amenities of the competition, but it's a quality piece of work that rewards a focused driver.

Gotta Have Factor - 10/10!
By Spike on 01/11/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is as impractical but as much fun as a motorcycle. It's got clean lines and turns heads all the time. This thing revs like my R6. I have to admit that I need to take some driving lessons w/ this car since it's very unforgiving and I have had a couple of close calls when I sled the rear-end, it was a result of my inexperience with sports cars though. I'm very satisfied w/ this car.

Love it!
By Sailor on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have driven it for 2 1/2 years, driven coast to coast, and 35,000 mi. per year. I have been in an accident, hydroplaneing, at 70 mph and walked away after hitting the concrete freeway divider, returning to the highway doing a few 360's then back to the concrete divider hiting it with the rear of the car. Damage? all sheet metal except the doors were replaced, I drove the car to the side of the road to clear traffic. No radiator puncture no oil leak. Frame was 3 drgrees out of alignement after it left the shop it was 0 degrees out. It has never been back to the dealership for any repair or fix anything.

reason i get up
By mdilly on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've always wanted one since my 00 prelude went bye-bye. 6 seconds from coupe to convertable. 6 seconds from 0 to 60. 2nd gear is a blast 3rd gear will do 100mph. I am 6'2 and 225 pounds long legged but can drive 200 miles in this car without killing me. Not comfortable but can withstand it because of the fun factor of diving. Everyone wants to race you. 20+ mpg in the city. read warranty manual closely. only carries 400 pounds including passengers.

Honest
By forgedblades on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Mild mannered and fun to run errands in around town yet a serious machine come play time. I still haven't come close to the performance limits of this car which is kinda of scary to ponder. No body flex, amazing handling, Honda build quality, and reasonable insurance. If you want 0- 60 times look at the Evo. For all around performance and fun its right here.

Sweeet
By Happy S2000 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just traded in a 2002 Miata for a used (only 4000 miles) 2002 S2000. Seems to be in fabulous shape. I am only in my 2nd week of ownership, so can't say I know everything about it. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to trash talk the Miata cause it was a fun car. The S2000 is clearly in a different league. Funny how everybody wanted to race against my Miata, but I don't have many challengers in the S2000. I wonder why? I feel lucky to have landed this car.

s2000
By jpt on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

wonderful car. solid, quick, beautiful and very sporty

S2000 is the car for soo many reasons.
By SaxJonz on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. Not very practical for a daily driver but what a blast to drive! This car drives so much better than a Z3 M6 handling, acceleration, shifting, looks. People always stare when they see this car. Even Porsche owners look and feel a twinge of regret.

Excellent Handling, balance, & Power
By REVHRD on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Exactly 1 yr as a S2K owner, for the price you pay, and the power, handling, style, it's a deal. This is a pure SPORT CAR. Not a GT at all. You won't believe how great handling this car can take. In CA the HWY1 for test drive the ability of this car. Power & handling. Just can't beat it. I don't think you can find another one to replace it with the price range.

I love it!
By bejoold on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you're having a horrible day, driving this little beauty with the top down is the best medicine.