2002 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )
Miata on Steroids
By TMorrow on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

To anyone interested in buying the S- 2000.It does have some short comings in creature comforts. However, it is the most fun I've had in any of my 13 cars. It is almost like a four wheeled motorcycle.If you can find one, drive it. If you have to pay over MSRP, do it. I did and I sell them. It's worth it. Break it in right.This is the highest quality Honda I have ever seen and I've been around them since my '88 CRX Si. I traded cars with my friend Jorge, for a day, and his Boxster is no match....Don't bither spending $10,000 more for a Boxster / SLK / TT, etc...The M-Roadster has a little more guts, but the S-2000 makes it all up in the corners.

Lapsed BMW owner
By Hondarules on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just picked up my 2002 S with silver/black. What a car! I have owned a '97 328i and '00 540i, and I can tell you that the S is the most fun of the three (with much lower maintainance costs). The engine is a blast, but the suspension is what puts it over the top. Cornering at 40 mph is dream, interior is minimalist and slick. I am sick of paying the status prices according to BMW, Mercedes and Audi. They do make excellent cars, but nothing they make in a roadster can touch the S (having driven the M roadster, SLK, and TT). If you love to drive, this is the car.

Posers need not apply
By Da Hapa on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Simply put, this is the real deal. A true sports car that isn't for the timid. If you aren't willing to drive a car, and I mean drive a car, then look elsewhere. Those looking for wood interiors, heated seats, and traction control shouldn't look at the S. However, if you enjoying wringing a car out and the satisfication of getting a corner correctly and heal toe shifting, than this is your dream car.

a true street legal race car
By 2002s2k on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

outstanding sports car for the price. there is absolutely no worthy competitor under $45K. if you are a true sports car enthusiast, this is the one to get. the exterior is attractive and eye catching, although its a bit conservative. the engine is silky smooth even up to 9000 rpm! the transmission and shifter are the best in the world, period. what makes this car so good and received so much praise is because Honda put together an almost perfect package for a very reasonable price. if you are a non-compromising sports car lover, look no further.

Great Roadster without sticker shock!
By blankcave on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It has exceeded my expectations! Looked at Porsche, BMW, and it was close with Mercedes, but maintenace is cheap and got a 2002 with 500 miles used from a private party below sticker.

Honda S2000
By Brian Crow on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This vehicle is flat out fun to drive. What an engine! The handling is terrific.

My new s2000
By roadracerray on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I researched all the top performing cars...based on price and performance...there is not better value out there than the s2000 in my opinion. I was able to purchase a brand new 2002 model for about 2k under sticker, so I know the value will retain itself in the future. I'm just breaking the engine in so I haven't pushed the car to its performance limits but I know I will love it when I do. Mine is blk/blk

This is a roadster to love!
By bumper on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The S2000 is everything the 60's British roadsters aspired to be . . . but without all the fussing to keep them running. Throw in cornering ability that was unheard of back then, an engine that revs to 9 grand, and every trip to the store is an adventure. Some have groused about a lack of low-end torque. This may be true if you are comparing it to a V8, but next to many other cars, the Miata for one, the Honda has more torque. Certainly power below 6K is not awe inspiring, but it is adequate. Above 6K - - unbelievable!

Future Classic
By Mavic on 03/15/02 22:50 PM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Above all else S2000 is meant for fun, driving fun. It's not the fastest. It is one of the best handling with excellent brakes. To accomplish it's main objective, it has an engine that begs you to push it harder. It's chassis dares you to dive into the turn a little faster. Like a mistress it's not good for more mundane things like picking up your mother in-law from the airport. It excels as a second car that you take out on the weekends and nights when the journey is meant for the soul. This is a sports car. Be sure what you ask for.

This car rocks!!!
By Matthew Dellamalva on 03/14/02 07:30 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the greatest convertible on the market, value wise and performance as well. The six speed gearbox is a gem and the engine blows off most V8's. Excelent value too