2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )
happy ower
By maeco on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

most bang for buck

my s2k
By john l. on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

WHEN I BOUGHT MY S2000 IN JUNE OF 2001,I DROVE MY BOSSES SLK AND I HATED IT! I THOUGHT THE S2000 WAS A FASTER NICER AND LESS IN PRICE CAR THEN THE SLK!SO FAR I ADDED DC SPORTS HEADERS,BORLA CAT BACK EXHAUST,AND A INJEN INTAKE.WHEN I HIT VTECH ALL I KNOW IS THAT WHO EVER IS IN THE CAR BETTER COVER THERE EARS CUZ ITS LOUD!!!!!! I LOVE THE S2OOO AND WOULD NEVER GET RID OF IT! ANYONE THAT HASNT DRIVEN ONE PLEASE DO!! I SELL NISSAN AND I CANT WAIT TILL THE 350Z,BUT I WOULD NEVER GET RID OF THE S2K FOR A NISSAN! IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE GET ONE!!!!!!!!

This car is the best
By 2000lover on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the car for you if you like head turning looks combined with speed. I tried all the other convertibles in its class and the S2000 was the clear winner. Mine is the triple black model which makes all the difference in the world in how it looks.

solid performer
By al vitale on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

having driven nothing but celicas, the s 2000 is the first close-to- performance car i've owned. very sturdy handling, very responsive. typical tight suspension...probably the bumpiest ride i've ever had. but, to be expected

Kickin' your Butt by 9000 RPM!
By Panic on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The new kid on Hondas block is very much making a statement. A formula one wanna-be is actually close to the real thing. Obvious styling cues have been taken from Honda Racing Division. Not too surprising, considering some of the boys at Honda Racing had a major voice on the engineering aspects of the car. Bottom line... next time ANY type of Mustang pulls next to your S2 at the line, have no fear, S2000 will lead.

My S2000 experience so far...
By colin on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my S2000 in Dallas, Tx now for almost a year and a half. My first year of ownership yielded approx. 19,000 miles, and much high speed driving. I replaced the first set of tires at 12,000 miles and I'm replacing the second set now just shy of 21,000 miles. Overall the car drives like a gocart on crack.

perfection
By curt on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

this is truly the most perfect car i have ever owned!!!!!!!!!1

Amazing Car for the Price
By Manuel J Pereira on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have no complaints about this car. If you're in the market for a reasonably price roadster with more power than a Toyota MR-2 or Mazda Miata the S2000 is the car for you.

F1 fun @ a steal !!!!!
By mike bates on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is something!! I just broke it in for the recommended 600 miles by the factory and have taken it up to 8K rpm. I can't beleive the performance. Midrange is scary fast but I'll adapt. Top range is a point and shoot and you're there.

Miata on Steroids
By TMorrow on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

To anyone interested in buying the S- 2000.It does have some short comings in creature comforts. However, it is the most fun I've had in any of my 13 cars. It is almost like a four wheeled motorcycle.If you can find one, drive it. If you have to pay over MSRP, do it. I did and I sell them. It's worth it. Break it in right.This is the highest quality Honda I have ever seen and I've been around them since my '88 CRX Si. I traded cars with my friend Jorge, for a day, and his Boxster is no match....Don't bither spending $10,000 more for a Boxster / SLK / TT, etc...The M-Roadster has a little more guts, but the S-2000 makes it all up in the corners.