2002 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (135 reviews )
Unbelieveable car
By Daniel on 11/05/08 12:37 PM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First and foremost, I've driven civics all my life, including the latest, an 02 si. Finally, I get my hands on the S2000 and all i can say is WOW! Pure power delivered by a 9200 redline! There's not much more of a race car Honda could've designed. Its all that and THEN SOME! It handles beautifully, accelerates like a car on a mission! This car will give over 90% of the cars on the road a run for their money or even, a good taste of honda exhaust fumes!

Love my S2K
By Pointblank on 07/05/07 00:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've taken my Honda S2000 to Laguna Seca twice already, and the car begs to be driven hard. I haven't had one problem with the car, just simple fluid changes here and there and it's good to go. The car handles like a go-kart, and the engine is a gem. For the money, I don't believe I could have purchased a better car in terms of fun factor. The ride can get a bit on the harsh side, but that's mostly on pretty beat up roads. With a good driver, you can pass up plenty of cars on the racetrack that costs much more, or has more power due to it's good handling and balance. Putting the top down on a whim is always fun. And last but not least, the gearbox is plain perfection, very crisp throws.

Great Car
By s2000 owner on 05/09/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun car to drive. Gets looks/compliments everywhere you go. People don't expect it to be a Honda, and tend to think it's a lot more expensive than it really is. Interior is a little cramped, but goes along with the territory of owning a 2-seater. Otherwise, the gauges/controls are very driver oriented. Light-weight / RWD / lack of traction control can get a little scary in the rain. Suspension is pretty stiff and not too comfortable. A true enthusiast's car, Honda did well on this one. I'd absolutely adore it if it were my weekend car, but since it's a daily driver, the stiff suspension and lack of traction control and torque can get annoying. performance - yes. Practicality - no.

S2more4urmoney
By boobie on 03/28/07 14:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this car is great on a curvy road. the convertible top is easy and fast. the whole car is easy and fast.

Best Sports Car?
By jpodvin on 03/26/07 11:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This has got to be the best all around sports car I have ever driven, and I have owned many. Stylish body lines, suburb suspension, Near 50/50 weight distribution and what has to be the most powerful 2.0 four cylinder in production! Not to mention the 9K redline, and ability to sustain 26 MPG under my abusive driving. Some people have complained that there is not enough low end torque, but I say show me a four cylinder sports car with more. At 60 MPH in sixth gear I rarely have to downshift to pass. Has more low end torque than my fiance's civic Si, and weighs less too!

Fun time all the time.
By djskrilla on 03/17/07 15:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you like having fun when your driving then this is the car for you! I've had the privilege of driving some nice cars, but the s2000 seems to have the most "raw" feeling when driving. The handling is excellent and precise and the gearbox is extremely smooth. The interior is great and designed in such a way that you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to access any of the controls(audio/ac). Things to know before you consider this car. If you're taller than 6 feet then you might be a little uncomfortable. It's a little low on torque until you reach 6k+ so if you want power right away or without any noise, I would recommend something else. Everything else is preference.

Always a smile on your face
By piman on 03/03/07 20:23 PM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is about as perfect a sports car you can get for a relatively cheap price. Car handles amazingly (on dry roads) and is a looker. Subtle exterior design, yet always makes you turn around for a second look. If not for the dreary rainy Portland weather 6 months of the year, this car would be even more awesome. But then again, that's not the car's fault.

fun and fast
By polkat on 12/28/06 17:40 PM (PST)

Owned a couple sport cars, the s2000 is the best all around car i have owned

Wow, what a car.
By Lucky on 12/23/06 01:28 AM (PST)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had been wanting a roadster for sometime to take down the pacific coast highway. I began shopping a little over a month ago and hands down, the s2000 far outweighs the 350Z, Z3, Z4, Audi TT, and any American made convertible. The vTec kicks in and you feel it snap you back in the seat. The performance and reliability are second to none. To top that off, the styling is one off. Few people recognize this car and many ask about it. 240 HP in a 2800 lb car is simply amazing. Simply put, this car is the four wheeled brother of the Honda RR motorcycle series. I will not part with it, and am planning on getting another when I am done with this one. Plus, you can buy the hardtop!

9000 RPM in 3rd gear 100 MPH and 3 to go!
By Alan on 10/21/06 03:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I loved my S2000! You have to look at what it is you are purchasing. a 2 door sports car. The car rides harsh, has a lot of road noise, and is not much fun with the top up. That being said, put the top down on a nice day, rev the heck out of the engine and put a wide grin on your face. For this car to require no more then fluid changes and tires it is amazing. I purchased the Honda extended warranty thinking that something had to give. 5 years later and 25,000 summer miles I never had a need to use it! If this is the car you desire I prefer the 2002, and 2003 model years with the 2.0 engine and glass back window with interior improvements over the 2000 and 2001. Later years had the 2.2 engine