Used 2001 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (61 reviews )

Not pracitcal, but FUN!
By mikeandterri

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2001 S2000 with 5K miles on it. It was too impractical for the previous owner. Since I only drive it to work and back, practicality is not an issue. In fact, the S2000 makes my 30-45 minute commute fun, everyday except when it's snowing. Acceleration is awesome, top goes up and down in seconds (important for the surprise thunderstorm), handling is superb. The interior is quite cramped, and not recommended for someone 6 feet or taller. I'm 5'10" and fit fine, although getting in and out with the top up requires some agility. The stock stereo system in poor, and if you upgrade you lose the remote control functions on the dash. So I just upgraded the speakers.

Acceleration and handling.

Better stereo.

Great fun
By Stef

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my S2000 for 5 years now and I am totally satisfied. It's a fun car for the right price. No need for a Porsche. Drives like a pussycat or can punch it when you need to. Highly recommend for those who want one.

Look and feel of a speedster

Treat yourself...
By Jae_Rex

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in the Fall of 2005 with 31,000 miles. I was driving a Acura GS-R at the time, and I always loved the performance and reliability that Honda had to offer. The next natural step was the S2000. I thought why not treat myself? Young, single, and when would I be able to buy a car like this again? I test drove it, and made the plunge. I was sold! I love the driving experience, and I always get compliments from people who have never seen the car. They can't believe it's a Honda! It is an affordable exotic, without the "exotic" car headaches and maintenance nightmares.

The 9K redline and "pure" sports car feel. I love the seats and the push button start.

The rear plastic window is a minus, and a glove compartment on the passenger side would be nice.

True Sports Car
By Lehel

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a true sports car. It has a firm suspension, good amount of power and excellent power.

Offer manual options (lock, windows, soft top) for weight savings. Make the new engines rev up to at least 9000 rpms.

Yellowjacket
By markndfw1

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We just purchased a used yellow S2000 in Houston. We are so happy with the car and it is so much fun to drive. It complements our G35 6MT sports car. There is nothing like a convertible and Honda quality is the best.

The VTEC engine with 9,000 RPM red line is a new performance feature I think will set this car apart.

It needs more than one drink holder!

• SUV