2001 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (60 reviews )
My favorite car ever
By Evan on 07/14/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The S2k is amazing with its 240 bhp engine that screams from 6-9K rpm and nimble responsive chassis. Its also roomy and comfortable on the inside. Undoubtedly a car that needs a skilled driver to really shine! It is at most in its place on a twisty mountain side.

01 S2K w/ Vortech S/C
By Estreka on 04/24/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My S is a little different than most. Having 320 hp really extends the enjoyment of the S. While there's still a lack of low end torque, there are few cars out there that can compete with the fun of an S2000 over 4,000 RPM. It can't be compared to other sports cars. It must be viewed in terms of a livable go kart. It's that responsive. The shifter is a particular joy. Few manuals can be maneuvered with the flick of your wrist like the S can.

The Need For Speed
By Selena on 08/20/07 11:48 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I first looked at the S2000 in 1999. I had to have it! I finally bought it in 2003. I still have it! I love the way the car feels, especially after driving a larger vehicle. It corners like it's on rails, it feels solid at all times and the sleek, sporty design is an amazing attention getter! I will drive this one for another few years, give it to my daughter and get me a brand new one. The Honda car is the best for dependability!! Hands down! And the sports car has class, depenability, style and best of all speed!

Absolute Perfection
By Sean on 08/18/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is precisely in spirit of what Ferdinand Porsche had in mind when he designed the 911. Unfortunately German manufactures turned to more profitable manufacturing schemes and lost the true passion of a sports car. This car is 100% designed for drivers who are passionate about driving and wouldn't use navigation even if it was a free option. Many owners complain about low end power, although I agree with Honda's design of this engine completely. People that just want a car to look good in and occasionally drive moderately hard should buy a boxer. Very true this car rides hard and is loud but that is because it isn't over engineered for people who really don't like driving to begin with

Not pracitcal, but FUN!
By mikeandterri on 07/19/07 10:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2001 S2000 with 5K miles on it. It was too impractical for the previous owner. Since I only drive it to work and back, practicality is not an issue. In fact, the S2000 makes my 30-45 minute commute fun, everyday except when it's snowing. Acceleration is awesome, top goes up and down in seconds (important for the surprise thunderstorm), handling is superb. The interior is quite cramped, and not recommended for someone 6 feet or taller. I'm 5'10" and fit fine, although getting in and out with the top up requires some agility. The stock stereo system in poor, and if you upgrade you lose the remote control functions on the dash. So I just upgraded the speakers.

Great fun
By Stef on 05/08/07 13:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my S2000 for 5 years now and I am totally satisfied. It's a fun car for the right price. No need for a Porsche. Drives like a pussycat or can punch it when you need to. Highly recommend for those who want one.

Treat yourself...
By Jae_Rex on 02/27/07 13:48 PM (PST)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in the Fall of 2005 with 31,000 miles. I was driving a Acura GS-R at the time, and I always loved the performance and reliability that Honda had to offer. The next natural step was the S2000. I thought why not treat myself? Young, single, and when would I be able to buy a car like this again? I test drove it, and made the plunge. I was sold! I love the driving experience, and I always get compliments from people who have never seen the car. They can't believe it's a Honda! It is an affordable exotic, without the "exotic" car headaches and maintenance nightmares.

True Sports Car
By Lehel on 03/15/06 08:34 AM (PST)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a true sports car. It has a firm suspension, good amount of power and excellent power.

Yellowjacket
By markndfw1 on 07/18/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We just purchased a used yellow S2000 in Houston. We are so happy with the car and it is so much fun to drive. It complements our G35 6MT sports car. There is nothing like a convertible and Honda quality is the best.

Summer fun
By toydriver on 04/05/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car makes a mundane drive to the QuickShop a hoot! I've driven 3K mi since buying it used last Fall. Couldn't wait to get it out of the garage this Spring. Every feature of driving with the top down is a pleasure. Accelerating on entrance ramps in 2nd gear to near redline will get your heart pounding. It's like riding in a very well built roller coaster, except you're in total control People still express compliments, envy,"wanna race", and cool depending on age.