2000 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: Love my Y2k, S2k

2000 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Love my Y2k, S2k
By s2000black on

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

I've had my S2000 since Oct. 1999. It's the best car buying decission I have ever made. It is the most fun to drive vehicle for the money and has been one of the most reliable vehicles listed in Consumer Reports Magazine. Although it is very reasonably price for its class, the limited production by Honda keeps it somewhat exclusive. After over 3 yrs, it's still an attention grabber and still feels just as tight as new. This is a street legal race car. If you want a luxury soft top, get the Thunderbird or Merc SLK. If you love to drive (turn corners & stuff), this is your car.

9000 rpm limit, short shifter 6 spd tranny, inboard double wishbone susp, 50/50 weight distribution, and all the other performance stuff. Great looks, Honda Reliability & resale.

In my Honda survey,in Dec '99, I complained about the weak radio & spkrs/no clock/plastic back window. All have been addressed. Could add more powerful radio&6CD changer,Cut off switch for pass.air bag.