2000 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (48 reviews )
Outstanding
By oksurb on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

Coolest car I've ever seen and/or driven. Handles impeccably. the car cas often gotten knocked for not having much low-end power, but I think that is a plus as it makes driving in stop-and- go traffic much easier...and the "juice" is definitely there when you need it. I wish I oculd have two of them...one to drive to death, and one to just look at every day!

Outstanding Car
By slbutler on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

Honda really outdid themselves with this car. There is nothing like it on the road. When the VTEC kicks in at 6000 RPM, you get a kick in the A$$ that stays with you until you redline at 8900RPM. What other car allows you to go 63mph in second gear and be able to maintain that speed without damaging the engine? I'm not sure how fast it will go, but I do know the self test of the driver's all digital display shows a 2 as the first digit of the three digit speedometer.

Haven't experienced much better....
By firstngoal on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

I've wanted an s2000 since they came out - and it has surpassed my expectations. I'm absolutely crazy about this car... quick, agile, sporty - just a total kick in the butt to drive.

Drive to believe
By Serg on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

9k, the tach flashes and shift... only on this or a race car... it also turns and stops (in case u need it). Had a BMW M Roadster and when compared to the S2000... feels like a u-haul.

Love my S2000
By JohnA on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nothing but great fun.

Perfect
By jgormley on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

This car is Perfect in almost every way Only complaint is the plastic rear window. But most of the time the top is down anyway.

Pure sports car
By eclipse on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

Bottom line: Best affordable sports car

Incredible Fun
By Hsuman on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

If you do not need 4 seats and a large trunk - I can squeeze 2 golf bags in it - you cannot buy more fun on four wheels.

performance, style, reliabliltiy,etc.
By jason on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

this little car is amazing. although priced at least 10 grand less then it's competiton (audi tt, bmw z3, mercedes slk, porsche boxster) it performs as well if not better. no it does not have the "prestige" but who cares? the only complaints i have is the weak stereo, made worse by the fact my left thigh blocks the door speaker and i would like a little more shoulder support in the otherwise awesome seats.

would I rather have a porche?
By RSS7 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible

i was going to buy a boxster s before I drove the S2000. I had been driving a Z3 2.8 when I test drove the Honda. After driving the Honda, the Z3 felt like a truck. The car is solid, fast, comfortable and very reliable. All I have done is change oil and tires. The bimmer was always in the shop for one little thing or the other. Not this car. Would I rather have a porche? Well, the boxster may have more cachet, but nothing drives like the S2000.