2000 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (48 reviews )
Buy it for Speed, Own it for Life!
By bmoreys2k on 12/28/09 07:32 AM (PST)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

When the S2000 was launched I was fortunate enough to have been working at American Honda's headquarters in Torrance. Knowing that it was hand built along with the NSX in Japan is one thing but seeing first hand how the engineering of this vehicle delivered the highest horsepower per liter of any production vehicle at the time was just as astonishing. I have owned this AP1 for years and have enjoyed every minute of it. The AP1 S2000 have a 9K rev limiter and handle with precision. Buy it for speed, own it for life.

Bad choice of year
By badchoice on 07/10/08 05:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car is fun to drive but not when it is sitting in the driveway with a need of major engine repair. The reason, the early years have a bad flow of oil. Not quite sure why but apparently the Europeans caught on to this and fixed the problem early on. This car sucks oil. Honda dealerships need to tell people this when purchasing. Honda also needs to make others aware of this situation. Low oil in any engine is a bad thing. Especially when the oil light never comes on to warn the driver.

Stupid me ... I almost bought a Mustang!
By Happy S2000 Owner on 05/09/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car is phenomenal . It is the most fun to drive car that I have ever driven. It does everything well, it's fast, well balanced, corners like it's on rails, blah, blah, blah and it is affordable and reliable. A combination which is unbeatable.

Wwow
By andy on 04/23/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

i bought this car with 100k on it and i have yet to encounter a problem (and i don't expect any considering the accord we have has close to 300k on it with no problems to date.) To be honest i simply cant keep myself out of this exhilarating machine. Every shift is precise, it absolutely roars at 9k rpm (it doesn't scream like others, but i do have aftermarket exhaust), and above that the chicks dig the leather and convertible top. the gas mileage is outstanding considering the performance it packs (usually at least 25 mpg unless I'm really hard on her). talk about bang for your buck...i paid less than 10k for this car and i feel like a million bucks driving it around.

Great fun car- No issues
By ksixbey on 11/27/07 09:15 AM (PST)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

I will by a new one if I can give up this soon to be classic.

2000 Honda S2000
By go top less s2000 on 03/29/07 04:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

Love the ride. Even though I'm 6'3 and it's a tight fit, I still enjoy it royally. Gas is great, gone for weeks on a tank. Even though it;s high test it's worth it.

I love this car
By Jenn on 02/15/07 03:06 AM (PST)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car is so much fun.. No only is it a head turner but it also gets down and dirty when it comes to showing someone up! I love it.

Lemon i hope
By kvin111 on 01/12/07 21:16 PM (PST)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

I think I bought a lemon. I have owned hondas in the past but this was a real disappointment. I know convertible tops don't last forever but this thing ripped and is so loud it gives me an ear ache on the freeway. Also when i bought this car not under warantt (ok yes i know my fault) one of the valves was broke. $2000.00 fix. My xenon bulb broke 3x i turned it on and the ride is more bumpy then my previous pick up. I love the looks and pep but reliability needs improvement.

125k and still enjoying
By Andy on 07/06/06 05:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

My children are standing in line waiting for me to tire of my S2000. They all think they will be the beneficiary of my mid life crisis automobile. With over 125000 miles I'm still enjoying every moment and every back road we fly down. Oil changes and a security issue with my key starter system have been the only service related issues I have encountered. With retirement looming, my S2000 will even bring additional enjoyment as my wife and I hit the road to visit our grandchildren. The only regret I have is that my grandchildren are not old enough to ride in the front seat. Over regulation of safety concerns prohibits their ability to join me in experiencing the joy of the open road.

9REVS
By Justin on 02/20/06 23:37 PM (PST)

2000 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible

The Honda S2000 is everything in one package; affordable, stylish, and a hell of a lot fun to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 next »