Used 2014 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Very Under rated vehicle
By L C Mitchell

2014 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Honda ridgeline RTS for three years. I have a dog and allergies. The bed of the truck really helps me when I am traveling with my dog. It also helps when I just need to transport something small like a chair or table. I love the hidden trunk space and the valet key! I am a female and ALL of my friends just love this truck. I think that maybe your marketing was aimed at the wrong audience. I really, really think that you guys may have mis-marketed this truck! I expected to lease or buy a Honda ridgeline forever . . . but now I am considering the Jeep wrangles. I do not want a traditional man's truck. I look at your 2017 Honda ridgeline and just feel so bad. It is not even a semblance of it's original great self. Won't you reconsider? I saw one truck (someone else driving it); looked and looked for another one in my town, and months later saw another one. I was hooked! Since I have bought my truck, I now see them quite frequently!

Ridgeline Not Again
By Ralph Fudge

2014 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My dealer hounds me about getting the transmission fluid changed for a whopping $167. I've never had a vehicle in which this was even suggested by a dealer. The owner's manual says there are indicator lights to show what is needed. I've never seen any indicator to suggest changing any fluid other than engine oil. It may just be that my dealer is trying to scam me.

RIDGELINE RULES!!!
By Mo Wilson

2014 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Ridgeline! After two years and with 30,000 miles, I am still just as happy with it as when it was brand new!

Far & away best overall vehicle I've ever owned---
By Randy H

2014 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab SE w/Leather and Navigation 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new and have owned the Ridgeline-Sp Edition for almost two years(approx. 22,000 mi). Have never contacted Honda dealer or any service dept since truck was driven home in March of 2014, and have never had an issue, mechanical or cosmetic. Synthetic oil changes and an air filter by nearby lube place only. I'd never before owned or driven a Honda or Acura vehicle. This truck/SUV has very good acceleration & handling characteristics(I suppose much like the Honda Pilot on which it's based). Sound system is good, Heat/AC very good, storage areas up front & center console very good. Front seat comfort is outstanding from the seats themselves to their position relative to the steering wheel and height to the windows & visibility outside the truck. Never ridden in the backseat but haven't heard any complaints and rear seat legroom & overall space is large. The rear seats are split 60-40 & fold-up to form a cavernous storage area(friends new Chevy truck also does this now---in a likely copy of the Honda). Waterproof & locking trunk under bed is fantastic, almost as large as a typical auto trunk.

An excellent multi-purpose vehicle
By wiesbadenbob

2014 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Ridgeline for about 18 months now.
I had one very minor warranty claim, which was handled promptly and courteously by the dealer.
This is a great vehicle for the suburbanite who needs to make the occasional Home Depot run, and may need to haul a smaller RV trailer.
I've hauled U-Haul's 6 x 12 trailer fully loaded with no trouble using the factory installed receiver.
This is NOT for the manly man who needs a macho truck.
It's a great combination of comfort and flexible cargo capacity.
The trunk in the bed makes a great cooler for tailgating.

My favorite features are the two way tail gate, the trunk in the bed of the truck and the flip up back seats in the passenger cabin. I also like the unique Honda four wheel drive differential which automatically sends variable torque to the axles based on the situation.

The interior design--particularly the controls for the sound system and the heat/AC need a redesign.