2014 Ridgeline Sport
By skinnerkid3 on
2014 Honda Ridgeline Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have had my Ridgeline for about 2 months now and I couldn't be happier with it. It really fits the bill for me and what I was looking for. The Ridgeline may not be the best truck for everyone but for what 95% of truck buyers actually need a pickup for the Ridgeline goes above and beyond. It comfortable, quiet, roomy, well built, and above all versatile. There's nothing else on the market that is so well rounded. I needed a pickup for the occasional run to the home improvement store, hauling furniture, and big bulky items. The Honda is made just for such tasks. I also fish, camp, and canoe so the ample storage options and available roof rack really make those activities a breeze.
Favorite Features
I love that the Ridgeline is the best of a truck and an SUV. It makes the vehicle up to just about anything. Storage is the Ridgeline's best feature, there are bins and cubbies throughout the entire truck. I love that the ridge is AWD instead of traditional 4x4, it's no much safer and practical especially for those like me that constantly face slick, snow covered winter roads, living in Wyoming I wouldn't have anything but AWD for my daily driver. I also LOVE the backup camera. It's very high quality and a great safety feature. Honda's grade logic control is grate for inclines at freeway speeds.
Suggested Improvements
The lack of tech in the ridge is the biggest let down. No Bluetooth, hd radio, USB interface or standard XM on the sport model leave a lot to be desired, at least it has an AUX input to stream music. The sport also doesn't have temperature or compass available which is a bit strange for a $30k+ truck. The gas mileage isn't outstanding but I will say, unlike much of the competition you can actually meet and/or exceed the EPA ratings of 15/21 mpg quite easily. I just got back from a 800+ mile trip and averaged 20-23 mpg. And that was with quite a load of cargo, facing Wyoming winds, in winter, which is very impressive.