2014 Ridgeline Sport
By roc23 on
2014 Honda Ridgeline Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I chose Honda because of their reliability and reputation of building quality vehicles. It is a decision that I have grown to regret. The idea of the Ridgeline is great. It has plenty of storage and is rather roomy in the front and rear seats. I am 6' 2" and I am quite comfortable. The engine is smooth but the transmission has issues shifting when it's cold. My issue is with the fit and finish and how Honda has handled the warranty issues with my vehicle. Not one of the doors line up on my Ridgeline. Other Ridgelines have this same issue where the doors aren't flush with the surrounding body panels. Mine leaked water as a result and it has yet to be fixed correctly.
Favorite Features
The Ridgeline has great legroom and storage.
Suggested Improvements
Honda needs to implement better quality control procedures. The doors don't align properly causing water to leak into my vehicle. When I brought my concerns with overall fit and finish to the attention of the District Service and Parts Manager for American Honda, he told me I shouldn't have bought the Ridgeline if I wasn't happy with it. I didn't think to check to make sure the doors aligned on a brand new vehicle. The body shops I have taken it to said it is unacceptable. Other Ridgelines I looked at had significant paint blemishes. The Ridgeline I purchased before had a broken spot weld that required replacing the A pillar. The dealership traded it for this one which is also defective.