Used 2014 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

RIDGELINE RULES!!!
By Mo Wilson

2014 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Ridgeline! After two years and with 30,000 miles, I am still just as happy with it as when it was brand new!

Far & away best overall vehicle I've ever owned---
By Randy H

2014 Honda Ridgeline SE w/Leather and Navigation 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new and have owned the Ridgeline-Sp Edition for almost two years(approx. 22,000 mi). Have never contacted Honda dealer or any service dept since truck was driven home in March of 2014, and have never had an issue, mechanical or cosmetic. Synthetic oil changes and an air filter by nearby lube place only. I'd never before owned or driven a Honda or Acura vehicle. This truck/SUV has very good acceleration & handling characteristics(I suppose much like the Honda Pilot on which it's based). Sound system is good, Heat/AC very good, storage areas up front & center console very good. Front seat comfort is outstanding from the seats themselves to their position relative to the steering wheel and height to the windows & visibility outside the truck. Never ridden in the backseat but haven't heard any complaints and rear seat legroom & overall space is large. The rear seats are split 60-40 & fold-up to form a cavernous storage area(friends new Chevy truck also does this now---in a likely copy of the Honda). Waterproof & locking trunk under bed is fantastic, almost as large as a typical auto trunk.

An excellent multi-purpose vehicle
By wiesbadenbob

2014 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Ridgeline for about 18 months now.
I had one very minor warranty claim, which was handled promptly and courteously by the dealer.
This is a great vehicle for the suburbanite who needs to make the occasional Home Depot run, and may need to haul a smaller RV trailer.
I've hauled U-Haul's 6 x 12 trailer fully loaded with no trouble using the factory installed receiver.
This is NOT for the manly man who needs a macho truck.
It's a great combination of comfort and flexible cargo capacity.
The trunk in the bed makes a great cooler for tailgating.

My favorite features are the two way tail gate, the trunk in the bed of the truck and the flip up back seats in the passenger cabin. I also like the unique Honda four wheel drive differential which automatically sends variable torque to the axles based on the situation.

The interior design--particularly the controls for the sound system and the heat/AC need a redesign.

2014 Ridgeline Sport
By roc23

2014 Honda Ridgeline Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I chose Honda because of their reliability and reputation of building quality vehicles.
It is a decision that I have grown to regret.
The idea of the Ridgeline is great.
It has plenty of storage and is rather roomy in the front and rear seats.
I am 6' 2" and I am quite comfortable.
The engine is smooth but the transmission has issues shifting when it's cold.
My issue is with the fit and finish and how Honda has handled the warranty issues with my vehicle.
Not one of the doors line up on my Ridgeline.
Other Ridgelines have this same issue where the doors aren't flush with the surrounding body panels.
Mine leaked water as a result and it has yet to be fixed correctly.

The Ridgeline has great legroom and storage.

Honda needs to implement better quality control procedures. The doors don't align properly causing water to leak into my vehicle. When I brought my concerns with overall fit and finish to the attention of the District Service and Parts Manager for American Honda, he told me I shouldn't have bought the Ridgeline if I wasn't happy with it. I didn't think to check to make sure the doors aligned on a brand new vehicle. The body shops I have taken it to said it is unacceptable. Other Ridgelines I looked at had significant paint blemishes. The Ridgeline I purchased before had a broken spot weld that required replacing the A pillar. The dealership traded it for this one which is also defective.

2014 Ridgeline Sport
By skinnerkid3

2014 Honda Ridgeline Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Ridgeline for about 2 months now and I couldn't be happier with it. It really fits the bill for me and what I was looking for. The Ridgeline may not be the best truck for everyone but for what 95% of truck buyers actually need a pickup for the Ridgeline goes above and beyond. It comfortable, quiet, roomy, well built, and above all versatile. There's nothing else on the market that is so well rounded. I needed a pickup for the occasional run to the home improvement store, hauling furniture, and big bulky items. The Honda is made just for such tasks. I also fish, camp, and canoe so the ample storage options and available roof rack really make those activities a breeze.

I love that the Ridgeline is the best of a truck and an SUV. It makes the vehicle up to just about anything. Storage is the Ridgeline's best feature, there are bins and cubbies throughout the entire truck. I love that the ridge is AWD instead of traditional 4x4, it's no much safer and practical especially for those like me that constantly face slick, snow covered winter roads, living in Wyoming I wouldn't have anything but AWD for my daily driver. I also LOVE the backup camera. It's very high quality and a great safety feature. Honda's grade logic control is grate for inclines at freeway speeds.

The lack of tech in the ridge is the biggest let down. No Bluetooth, hd radio, USB interface or standard XM on the sport model leave a lot to be desired, at least it has an AUX input to stream music. The sport also doesn't have temperature or compass available which is a bit strange for a $30k+ truck. The gas mileage isn't outstanding but I will say, unlike much of the competition you can actually meet and/or exceed the EPA ratings of 15/21 mpg quite easily. I just got back from a 800+ mile trip and averaged 20-23 mpg. And that was with quite a load of cargo, facing Wyoming winds, in winter, which is very impressive.