Perfect blend of versatility
By rdougr on
2013 Honda Ridgeline RTL w/Leather 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I had a Ford F-150 FX-4 for the past 10 years. It was reliable and a great truck, but the gas mileage sucked and i wasn't using it as a large truck should be used very often. When I did it always filled the bill, though sucking up a gallon og gas every 10 miles got old. It was also cumbersome to drive & park in traffic. The Ridgeline is a well-built, more compact truck that more suits the way I drive these days. It will pull a trailer and get me through the snow, just not as heavy a trailer or as deep a snow as the Ford. The Ford was a super cab with a small back seat. The Honda is crew cab with a roomy back seat. It gets 21 mpg at 70 mph and 20 mpg at 75 mph.
Favorite Features
Drives and rides like a luxury vehicle, good gas mileage for a truck, easy to manuever, has a large trunk under the bed that is lockable and dry. I like the standard rearview camera when backing
Suggested Improvements
The bed is steel-reinforced composite that doesn't seem overly sturdy like the F150 did. The bed scratches very easily. It is 5 ft vs 6 for the Ford, but it doesn't have wheelwells in the bed which makes up for some of the lost room. My Honda Crosstour has headlights that come on when it starts getting dark. The Ridgeline doesn't have that feature. Wish it did.