2013 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: From F150 to Ridgeline

2013 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Review

From F150 to Ridgeline
By geezoman on

2013 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a Ford F150 Lariat for 15 years. When it came time to replace that truck I wanted to downsize a little.
I drove all of the smaller pickups in the market and found the Honda Ridgeline to be the right size, 4 wheel capability, smooth riding, relatively quiet, and fully capable for what I need in a pickup. Getting the Honda reliability was a plus. We drove it around town for the first 4K miles and it was a pleasure driving it in an urban setting, easy to park, great for those occasional trips to buy furniture, and good looking enough for date nights. You guessed it, I don't miss my F-150. 50000 + miles later and my Ridgeline is still driving like new. Have only done the scheduled maintenance including regular oil changes and new transmission oil. The tires are still great, the truck runs straight, nothing leaks, and I still love driving it each day.
Since I have purchased this vehicle a new designed model is about to be launched and I'm anxious to see it up close. I have grown accustomed to the ugly original look, and even though I think Honda missed the mark on a NEW design, it's still a Honda and it will always run better than it looks.

• Outward visibility
  • Electronics
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost

• Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review