From F150 to Ridgeline
By geezoman on
2013 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I drove a Ford F150 Lariat for 15 years. When it came time to replace that truck I wanted to downsize a little. I drove all of the smaller pickups in the market and found the Honda Ridgeline to be the right size, 4 wheel capability, smooth riding, relatively quiet, and fully capable for what I need in a pickup. Getting the Honda reliability was a plus. We drove it around town for the first 4K miles and it was a pleasure driving it in an urban setting, easy to park, great for those occasional trips to buy furniture, and good looking enough for date nights. You guessed it, I don't miss my F-150.
Favorite Features
The overall Ridgeline is its best feature. Everything works well. It's a Honda, that's what they do. The in-bed trunk is a plus for keeping stuff secure and dry. The back-up camera is used all of the time. We use the mp3 port, as well as the 6 CD changer constantly instead of the radio. I am happy with the powertrain. The engine runs smooth and quiet and the transmission shifts smoothly. The in-dash technology is adaquate and understandably does more than my old F-150 without being overly complicated to figure out.
Suggested Improvements
More people I know than I like the styling of the Ridgeline. I think Honda needs to improve the overall styling and somehow keep it looking not like a typical pickup. Honda should consumer test a new styling on paper before production. The Ridgeline needs something to make me really fall in love with its looks. I only bought it because it was a Honda, not because I liked the styling. Honda should not over-complicate the engine, but it could use about 30 more horsepower and get 5 more MPG. A 6-speed transmission or a 6-speed overdrive would possibly help with the MPG. A locking tailgate is a must