Used 2013 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

radio reception bad
By blackdd

2013 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL w/Leather and Navigation 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2013 ridgeline truck with the nav system. The truck is fine except for the radio. Anytime I am around a telephone pole I lose reception. It has been at the dealers for a week now and they have replaced the antenna cable, amplifier, and antenna. I still lose all reception. On one of the road trials they hooked up a temporary outside antenna and the reception was great. But Honda told them to replace the parts. I realize that the truck looks good without the antenna sticking out of the roof but it seems there is a problem with it.

there is plenty of room in the front seats. drives like a car and handles like a car not a truck. the ride is smooth.

the radio antenna is in the roof and I get bad reception in the city I live in. can not use the radio while driving in the city.

Perfect blend of versatility
By rdougr

2013 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL w/Leather 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Ford F-150 FX-4 for the past 10 years. It was reliable and a great truck, but the gas mileage sucked and i wasn't using it as a large truck should be used very often. When I did it always filled the bill, though sucking up a gallon og gas every 10 miles got old. It was also cumbersome to drive & park in traffic. The Ridgeline is a well-built, more compact truck that more suits the way I drive these days. It will pull a trailer and get me through the snow, just not as heavy a trailer or as deep a snow as the Ford. The Ford was a super cab with a small back seat. The Honda is crew cab with a roomy back seat. It gets 21 mpg at 70 mph and 20 mpg at 75 mph.

Drives and rides like a luxury vehicle, good gas mileage for a truck, easy to manuever, has a large trunk under the bed that is lockable and dry. I like the standard rearview camera when backing

The bed is steel-reinforced composite that doesn't seem overly sturdy like the F150 did. The bed scratches very easily. It is 5 ft vs 6 for the Ford, but it doesn't have wheelwells in the bed which makes up for some of the lost room. My Honda Crosstour has headlights that come on when it starts getting dark. The Ridgeline doesn't have that feature. Wish it did.

HAPPY
By bscovotti

2013 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with my Honda Ridgeline purchase.

Plenty of room

From F150 to Ridgeline
By geezoman

2013 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a Ford F150 Lariat for 15 years. When it came time to replace that truck I wanted to downsize a little. I drove all of the smaller pickups in the market and found the Honda Ridgeline to be the right size, 4 wheel capability, smooth riding, relatively quiet, and fully capable for what I need in a pickup. Getting the Honda reliability was a plus. We drove it around town for the first 4K miles and it was a pleasure driving it in an urban setting, easy to park, great for those occasional trips to buy furniture, and good looking enough for date nights. You guessed it, I don't miss my F-150.

The overall Ridgeline is its best feature. Everything works well. It's a Honda, that's what they do. The in-bed trunk is a plus for keeping stuff secure and dry. The back-up camera is used all of the time. We use the mp3 port, as well as the 6 CD changer constantly instead of the radio. I am happy with the powertrain. The engine runs smooth and quiet and the transmission shifts smoothly. The in-dash technology is adaquate and understandably does more than my old F-150 without being overly complicated to figure out.

More people I know than I like the styling of the Ridgeline. I think Honda needs to improve the overall styling and somehow keep it looking not like a typical pickup. Honda should consumer test a new styling on paper before production. The Ridgeline needs something to make me really fall in love with its looks. I only bought it because it was a Honda, not because I liked the styling. Honda should not over-complicate the engine, but it could use about 30 more horsepower and get 5 more MPG. A 6-speed transmission or a 6-speed overdrive would possibly help with the MPG. A locking tailgate is a must

Just picked up my Ridgeline
By garyb10

2013 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL w/Leather 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pretty much as expected. Great interior design, although it is missing the iPod/USB connection and Bluetooth. Trunk in bed is awesome feature. Gas mileage is averaging just over 19

Trunk in bed, drive is great and comfortable. Just feels so solid driving it.

Bluetooth without navigation and USB port for iPod interface