Second Ridgeline
By ridgedrive on
2012 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I traded a 2006 Ridgeline on a 2010 CRV to downsize and save fuel. That will be my last 4 cylinder in a SUV. The tweaks from 2006 to 2012 are noticable. It's quieter and peppier. I took six months to purchase a vehicle, test driving many SUV vehicles. The CX-9 was a top contender. But, at 6-02, it lacked enough headroom. Do not compare the Ridgeline to heavy duty pickups. That not what it is. I use it for hiking, camping, biking, trips to Lowes....etc. If I could describe it, using only one word, it would be smooth. I hope Honda does not kill the Ridgeline but updates it.
Favorite Features
Flip up rear seats, trunk, rolling down the windows using the key fob, back up camera, sliding rear window, safety, reliability, size (In between a small and full size pickup). Quiet and Smooth.
Suggested Improvements
Needs telescoping wheel, nav update (like the one in the 2012 CRV), one touch open close sunroof, auto on headlights, and a snyc button for the dual zone climate control. Don't kill the Ridgeline, update it. Honda should have done that with the Element.
By longo2
on 07/19/12 12:25 PM (PDT)

I Just bought a 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL with 50,000 easy one owner miles on it for $18,000. The replacement MSRP is well over $35,000! Honda is tough to deal with and pretty much wants every dollar of the sticker price. Drove it home following our old 2003 Honda Odyssey and we each filled up at the same pumps on the 1,600 mile 3 day trip. On each fill up I took only one more gallon of fuel than our Odyssey. Those complaining about Ridgeline MPG have to compare it to vehicles of the same weight and wind resistance. I was getting 23 to 24 mpg Highway and not poking along either...70-75 and 80 mph for hours on end. (My Sons 2010 Ford F 150 crewcab 4x4 gets less than 20 mpg highway.) Its a very handsome vehicle and more comfortable to drive than the Odyssey. If Honda does drop the Ridgeline from low sales numbers, it will be their own Greedy fault. It's MSRP priced $8,000 more than it should be to be competative with Ford and G.M.