Used 2012 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Really like it!!
By Dave Lobacz

2012 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really like the idea of having a vehicle with a bed but on independent suppension and a unibody. Good ride and solid.

Great Used Hauler
By Tim McConnell

2012 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck about a year ago with 100k miles and I've driven it as a daily commuter. I replaced an old Dodge V8 truck, which I loved, and although I sometimes miss that rowdy V8 exhaust rumble and the engine torque, that truck doesn't at all compare to this one. The Ridgeline has performed fantastic in the snow, mud, and rain. It has a ride that's very comfortable and a powertrain that suits the vehicle. It sits high enough to feel like a proper truck and it has been very durable. My buddies at work make fun of me but they appreciate the truck's functionality. Recently I had to drive a couple of days in freezing snow and I never felt the truck lose traction. I would buy this truck again.

Very high maintenance costs and unreliable
By John K

2012 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed is several areas.
There is always something breaking.
-After 2 years the third brake light assembly broke off the truck on the highway. It was out of warranty. Honda USA was no help even though it is a pretty well documented problem on forums. Quote from the dealer $800. Radio never worked well, but found out the antenna was located in the third brake light assembly.
- brakes are paper. I do highway driving. 3 sets of brakes in 3 years. I know it's operator influenced, but I've never had this in any other vehicle.
- left front axle blew out after 3 years.
- timing belt on a truck? really. My bad for not researching more thoroughly. $900 along with spark plugs and valve adjustment due at the same time for an additional $600.
- virtually every oil change at is accompanied by either differential, transmission, or coolant change. Why are other vehicles rated for 60-100K between fluid changes?

Seats are very rigid and uncomfortable for moderate to long rides. The interior design is perplexing. Why put the Aux cord input in the dash on the passenger side? Also, the space below the middle console is wasted space. You can't get to it without having everything from the top space fall into it. Interior seat material scratches very easily.

Would not recommend this truck. I'm sure the value is going to drop through the floor once they introduce the new model.

Second Ridgeline
By ridgedrive

I traded a 2006 Ridgeline on a 2010 CRV to downsize and save fuel. That will be my last 4 cylinder in a SUV. The tweaks from 2006 to 2012 are noticable. It's quieter and peppier. I took six months to purchase a vehicle, test driving many SUV vehicles. The CX-9 was a top contender. But, at 6-02, it lacked enough headroom. Do not compare the Ridgeline to heavy duty pickups. That not what it is. I use it for hiking, camping, biking, trips to Lowes....etc. If I could describe it, using only one word, it would be smooth. I hope Honda does not kill the Ridgeline but updates it.

Flip up rear seats, trunk, rolling down the windows using the key fob, back up camera, sliding rear window, safety, reliability, size (In between a small and full size pickup). Quiet and Smooth.

Needs telescoping wheel, nav update (like the one in the 2012 CRV), one touch open close sunroof, auto on headlights, and a snyc button for the dual zone climate control. Don't kill the Ridgeline, update it. Honda should have done that with the Element.