Used 2011 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Best of the Best
By apexshot

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our second one because a life time warrenty offered by our Dealership that makes it a no brainer. Last one had 66,000 miles a 2008 and the 2012 has 40 miles on it. Being retired and saving it it will last a long time. If our weekend is towing our race car or the boat what a dependable ride. The only problem we had was a cracked oil pan not done by us, it was a defect in metal. When I went in to pick it up they had another Ridgeline with the same problem. So owners check or have it checked.

Favorite Features

A very soild feeling and control you could only dream about. Its nice to have 4 wheel drive that comes on only if needed. And brakes that take over to maintain control on ice. I tought my wife to drive on ice and snow she is very secure with the Ridgeline.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see Turbo or even Twin Turbo or even a V-8 would open its market even bigger. A wider market could open up for people who have a need to tow Toys.

A very versatile and high quality vehicle
By collis

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Ridgeline is more than I expected. Sized just right for the homeowner who wants to haul "stuff" and people without having to accommodate a beast of a garage-filler, this vehicle has excellent build quality and comfort that is unmatched in any other mid-sized truck. And remember, that's what it is... mid-sized. It isn't, by design, a huge, over-sized work truck. If that's what you need, get a Ford F-150... they're great, too. But, if you compare this vehicle to Ford's comparably sized Explorer Sport Trac, you will be amazed... I promise!

Favorite Features

Lots of "bests", but the locking and waterproof "under-trunk" has to be high on the list. Just right for my golf clubs. No other vehicle has one!!! The comfort and smooth ride along with Honda quality are unequaled, too. You may be interested to know that the Ridgeline is produced alongside Acura's excellent MDX SUV. I suspect that sets the standard for Ridgeline.

Suggested Improvements

This thing is very good, but a little less monotone "gray" in the interior might be nice. The Ford F-150's would be a nice benchmark. They have done an excellent job.

Ridgeline is king
By xrockx

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a number of short bed pickup trucks and the ridgeline is the best of all. The interior storage beats all other trucks and the in-bed storage is light years ahead of the competition. Safety features and solid build make for one excellent vehicle.

Favorite Features

Ample storage inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Lights for the front foot wells. Automatic headlights. Lighted ring around the ignition for ease of key entry.

Awesome
By Cwhulser

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ridgeline! The first one was perfect and so is this one. It is the perfect combination of rugged and elegant!

Favorite Features

Navigation! Backup camera!

Lacking in audio technology
By matt7530

2011 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Haven't had too long but love this truck; my third & first Honda. Interior well laid out and very comfortable; passengers say the back is comfortable too and great ride. My complaint id that Honda is so far behind in technology features: no full control or partial Ipod adaptability just an aux port; no HD radio and the radio display doesn't show song and artist and no USB port (my wife's 02 vehicle is light years ahead). Gas mileage is what it says & I don't know why people complain about mileage when they know what they're buying? It's right on the sticker!

Favorite Features

Fold up rear seats; hands free phone; in bed trunk

Suggested Improvements

Bring the technology up to date; plus auto dimming mirrors and auto head lights and a protective mat for under the rear seats when up