2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
2010 Ridgeline RTL
By wiseone2 on 09/08/14 00:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a Tacoma dble cab 4x4 offroad and now have owned the Ridgeline for about 9 mos. I honestly think the Ridgeline is a better all around vehicle. Comfort and tons of options makes this a great vehicle. The Tacoma looks a bit more rugged. but a 30 mile trip is vastly more enjoyable in the Honda. The Tacoma has great resale, gas mileage is similar, I am getting 18.8 mpg around town and the Toyota was right about the same. Its up to you, they are both good, I really can't support the Toyota's pricing, I paid $26.5k back in 2006 and its still the same truck for $34k plus.

Should have bought one years ago
By avcerp on 01/27/14 00:19 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I resisted buying a ridgeline for years because of its looks, because it's not a real truck, and the price. I finally broke-down and bought a used one this fall and I love it. It fits my needs perfectly. Four doors for my family, fits in my garage (an absolute requirement in Alaska) enough cargo capacity for me, and an AWD system up to the task in Alaska winters. It's not an off-roader, but so far in my first winter with it, it's done just fine (with its standard tires).

Best vehicle
By mrc10 on 01/09/14 13:42 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Finally a truck designed by professionals. Not like those domestic things, designed by amateurs.Very reliable. Going domestic is like buying those disposable cameras, great for the short term and....that's it.

Disappointed With Ridgeline
By cmark60 on 01/24/13 07:53 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a Ridgeline RTL for 30 months. I loved the vehicle at first until quality issues came to light. Rear sliding window seal would get pinched and leak, wind noise on front windshield due to a the window seal pulling away especially during cold weather, a high pitched "whistle" that I tracked down to a body seam behind the XM antenna that could be silenced by covering the seam with electrical tape, a dash rattle caused by the factory did not tighten the left front speaker screws and the dash had to be removed creating a new rattle, heater temp sensor control problem, door and body panel seams aligned poorly, uncomfortable rear seat

Love the Ridgeline
By bpsblaster on 09/06/12 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned 2 Rangers and a F-150 supercab. The F-150 is a great truck, the best full sized truck there is in my opinion, but I needed better gas mileage, I was averaging 15-16mpg, and I wasn't using the truck like it was meant to be used, I used like a car. I didn't off road or haul things anymore and I have kids now and needed the 4 full doors. So I looked and looked and looked some more. After test driving about every small pick up made, I knew the ridgeline is what I was looking for. I am averaging 18-19mpg and it is plain fun to drive. It seems to be built very well, it is solid, and handles great. Would I pull a huge boat or horse trailers with it? NO, but it fits my needs!

Sorry Honda, try again.
By rcummelin on 05/27/12 18:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2010 RTL was our second Ridgeline, and while we both liked the truck, after 17 months, we threw in the towel & traded it for a 2008 Lexus GX470. Of course, you may wonder why? The answer seems simple enough to us--while the Honda does some things well, it does an equal number of things poorly. While highway manners and ride are great, wind and road at highway speeds is absolutely terrible. WHen I tried to get Honda to address the wind/road noise, I was told that all Ridgelines are like that. Really? You mean they are DESIGNED to be noisy? Yes, gas mileage is more important. Gas mileage? Well, our 2010 recently averaged only a measly 17.x mpg on a recent 3000 mile highway trip.

Interior issues
By wadehampton on 10/03/11 18:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I really like this truck. It rides smooth and handles great. The storage space is remarkable. The trunk is excellent to travel with. The inside storage space is great. I have however had some interior issues. These include a driver's seat squeak, leaking wind shield, CD stuck in the player, squeaking back glass, and a dash rattle that honda cannot find or fix. I really want these problems to be corrected and if or when they are this would be the perfect vehicle for my family.

Seat Squeaks
By Joel R on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The drivers seat squeaks, Honda is aware of the problem yet has no repair for it. The Honda Field Service Person said the squeak is "normal". The local dealership service writer got a good chuckle out of that remark. Honda Customer Service is non- receptive in fixing. Would not by another Honda based on their Customer Service alone.

I'm a Convert Now
By John in Colorado on 08/29/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchase the Ridgeline RTS to replace Chevy Colorado. There's no comparison. Anyone that says these aren't "real trucks" haven't done their homework. It has the same loan capacity and 1,000 more pounds towing. Also, even though the bed is a foot shorter, it's taller and there's no wheel wells in your way. I've driven American trucks my entire life but was angered like many about the bailouts. I had a Ridgeline as a rental and was impressed. It took me a while to get past the difference in looks, but I came to like it. I really like driving this truck; I thought I'd never say that. The only problems I've had is some minor interior problems. Trim pieces loose.

Love It
By Lester on 08/16/10 08:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Ridgeline for about a month and love it. Driven trucks all my life and this is the best one yet. Drive is smooth and quite. Love the gas mileage, better than EPA estimates. If Honda keeps making them, I'll keep buying them.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Ridgeline Crew-cab in VA is:

$129 per month*