Used 2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Should have bought one years ago
By avcerp

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I resisted buying a ridgeline for years because of its looks, because it's not a real truck, and the price. I finally broke-down and bought a used one this fall and I love it. It fits my needs perfectly. Four doors for my family, fits in my garage (an absolute requirement in Alaska) enough cargo capacity for me, and an AWD system up to the task in Alaska winters. It's not an off-roader, but so far in my first winter with it, it's done just fine (with its standard tires).

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, front and back. Front cabin feels spacious and open like a full size truck because of the flat floor, somehow the whole driving experience is similar to a full size truck. The motor is famous Honda smooth, the whole package has that Honda touch - everything works, everything is in its logical place. I thought the in bed trunk was no big deal at first, turns out I use it every week.

Suggested Improvements

Better looks. One piece rear windows that slides down into body. A little sound insulation would be nice, just like Honda's are famously well designed, they're all famously noisy inside, including the ridgeline.

2010 Ridgeline RTL
By wiseone2

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a Tacoma dble cab 4x4 offroad and now have owned the Ridgeline for about 9 mos. I honestly think the Ridgeline is a better all around vehicle. Comfort and tons of options makes this a great vehicle. The Tacoma looks a bit more rugged. but a 30 mile trip is vastly more enjoyable in the Honda. The Tacoma has great resale, gas mileage is similar, I am getting 18.8 mpg around town and the Toyota was right about the same. Its up to you, they are both good, I really can't support the Toyota's pricing, I paid $26.5k back in 2006 and its still the same truck for $34k plus.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, heated power adjustable seats, moonroof, power rear window, roomy and spacious.

Best vehicle
By mrc10

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Finally a truck designed by professionals. Not like those domestic things, designed by amateurs.Very reliable. Going domestic is like buying those disposable cameras, great for the short term and....that's it.

Sorry Honda, try again.
By rcummelin

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2010 RTL was our second Ridgeline, and while we both liked the truck, after 17 months, we threw in the towel & traded it for a 2008 Lexus GX470. Of course, you may wonder why? The answer seems simple enough to us--while the Honda does some things well, it does an equal number of things poorly. While highway manners and ride are great, wind and road at highway speeds is absolutely terrible. WHen I tried to get Honda to address the wind/road noise, I was told that all Ridgelines are like that. Really? You mean they are DESIGNED to be noisy? Yes, gas mileage is more important. Gas mileage? Well, our 2010 recently averaged only a measly 17.x mpg on a recent 3000 mile highway trip.

Favorite Features

Great ride & handling. Loved how we could cram a pile of stuff in the trunk. Lots of interior storage & a very innovative console. Lots of sufficient bells & whistles in the RTL, but you pay for them. Great in snow or other low-traction conditions on paved roads.

Suggested Improvements

1) Better gas mileage. No one wants a low-power truck with bad mileage. 2) Reduce the horrific noise! I spent $200 on Dynamat for the interior and only marginally quieted the beast. 3) Better off-road capabilities (like ground clearance), as the current RL should not be taken off-road. 4) Improve the sound system and the bluetooth, as both are marginal at best. 5) Clean up the styling, as it was ugly when introduced, and the grill changes since haven't improved it. After 7 years with the same model, if Honda wants to retain customers (too late for us) they really need to introduce a new & improved model.

Disappointed With Ridgeline
By cmark60

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a Ridgeline RTL for 30 months. I loved the vehicle at first until quality issues came to light. Rear sliding window seal would get pinched and leak, wind noise on front windshield due to a the window seal pulling away especially during cold weather, a high pitched "whistle" that I tracked down to a body seam behind the XM antenna that could be silenced by covering the seam with electrical tape, a dash rattle caused by the factory did not tighten the left front speaker screws and the dash had to be removed creating a new rattle, heater temp sensor control problem, door and body panel seams aligned poorly, uncomfortable rear seat

Favorite Features

Great ride on highway, lockable "trunk" in bed area, automatic 4WD with stability functioned extremely well

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to improve qualtiy control