Used 2010 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

The Best Kept Secret
By ridgelineva

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved the smooth ride of my old Odyssey but wanted a truck (6'2"). My Honda dlr just got a trade-in gold 2010 Ridgeline. Score! Quiet, power sunroof, power driver's seat, in-dash Nav, dog-proof leather, power rear window (no squeaks), quality bed liner (up over sides) w/built-in HIDDEN & DEEP trunk (no leaks), gate opens 2 ways, chrome running boards, dark wind/rain guards on windows & hood, roof rack (I added), easy 4WD button, rear cargo lights, low front running lights (I keep on always), open feet area to switch drivers, quality 6-CD sound, V6 handles full load of people and heavy stuff. Handles GREAT on highway snow/ice (even not in 4WD). Get one!

Favorite Features

Quiet/smooth ride, hidden lockable (water-tight) trunk, bed liner comes up over sides, rear gate that opens on driver's side hinges OR down like most pick-up trucks (and super strong) (no fussing with adjustments, just grab the lever for which way you want to open it), and the cool manly look of gold body with the extra black trim around windows & hood plus black roof racks and rugged chrome/black running boards. Sound system cranks (4 good speakers), and lets you set your own Bass/Treble/etc tastes.

Suggested Improvements

My right elbow wore out the "leather" on center console, tearing it. Use durable leather or other material.

2010 Ridgeline RTL
By wiseone2

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a Tacoma dble cab 4x4 offroad and now have owned the Ridgeline for about 9 mos. I honestly think the Ridgeline is a better all around vehicle. Comfort and tons of options makes this a great vehicle. The Tacoma looks a bit more rugged. but a 30 mile trip is vastly more enjoyable in the Honda. The Tacoma has great resale, gas mileage is similar, I am getting 18.8 mpg around town and the Toyota was right about the same. Its up to you, they are both good, I really can't support the Toyota's pricing, I paid $26.5k back in 2006 and its still the same truck for $34k plus.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, heated power adjustable seats, moonroof, power rear window, roomy and spacious.

Should have bought one years ago
By avcerp

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I resisted buying a ridgeline for years because of its looks, because it's not a real truck, and the price. I finally broke-down and bought a used one this fall and I love it. It fits my needs perfectly. Four doors for my family, fits in my garage (an absolute requirement in Alaska) enough cargo capacity for me, and an AWD system up to the task in Alaska winters. It's not an off-roader, but so far in my first winter with it, it's done just fine (with its standard tires).

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, front and back. Front cabin feels spacious and open like a full size truck because of the flat floor, somehow the whole driving experience is similar to a full size truck. The motor is famous Honda smooth, the whole package has that Honda touch - everything works, everything is in its logical place. I thought the in bed trunk was no big deal at first, turns out I use it every week.

Suggested Improvements

Better looks. One piece rear windows that slides down into body. A little sound insulation would be nice, just like Honda's are famously well designed, they're all famously noisy inside, including the ridgeline.

Best vehicle
By mrc10

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Finally a truck designed by professionals. Not like those domestic things, designed by amateurs.Very reliable. Going domestic is like buying those disposable cameras, great for the short term and....that's it.

Disappointed With Ridgeline
By cmark60

2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a Ridgeline RTL for 30 months. I loved the vehicle at first until quality issues came to light. Rear sliding window seal would get pinched and leak, wind noise on front windshield due to a the window seal pulling away especially during cold weather, a high pitched "whistle" that I tracked down to a body seam behind the XM antenna that could be silenced by covering the seam with electrical tape, a dash rattle caused by the factory did not tighten the left front speaker screws and the dash had to be removed creating a new rattle, heater temp sensor control problem, door and body panel seams aligned poorly, uncomfortable rear seat

Favorite Features

Great ride on highway, lockable "trunk" in bed area, automatic 4WD with stability functioned extremely well

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to improve qualtiy control