2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Great Truck
By Hunter on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got back from hunting. Bed was full and towing a pop-up camper from Denver to Craig and back. Avg 18 mpg and that included the driving on 4wd roads to and from the hunting area. Did everything I wanted it to do. On the highway from Denver to Winter Park and back I get 21 mpg and it is so nice to drive.

Overheating transmission
By Don on 08/18/10 17:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission warning light comes on, the transmission is overheating, the oil has a burnt smell.

my klunker trade
By tiger on 01/07/10 06:46 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had many Honda / Acura's this is typical high quality, surprisingly large inside, 5 foot bed is all I need, in bed trunk is amazing, great feature, it replaced an old Silverado so not quite the towing capacity, but don't need that now. GREAT in SNOW, seamless transition to 4WD, great traction with stock tires, only my 2006 Acura RL has better traction on snow and ice. Could get better gas mileage, probably will increase with age is my Honda experience.

Awsome Truck
By L on 08/06/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is great. I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone, but I'm not too sure as to what another writer was stating in reference to the looks of the 09 versus to earlier models. The only changes are cosmetics, i.e. new grill, colors, and other minor changes. The truck is awesome. It has the same payload as the small F-150. Again not to knock Ford, but I don't need a truck that size. The Honda carries my sportbike. You will need a trailer or a bigger truck such as a Ford or Chevy to to carry a bigger bike due to the length not the weight. I live in a townhouse not on a ranch, and the Ridgline does everything I need. The truck drivers like a large Accord.

3rd Ridgeline in three years
By GR8-1 on 07/03/09 10:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Third Ridgeline to date. Very reliable, dependable. Complaints: Add more seat travel or legroom for the driver! I am 5'10", another 2 - 3 inches of seat travel would make a WORLD of difference in comfort on long drives. I seldom have any passengers in the rear seat, for the one or two times yearly this occurs, I could move the driver seat up a bit. And speed up the wipers on the "high" setting. Otherwise, very comfortable truck. Adequate power on highways, full time four wheel drive great in snow/ice conditions.

Should have bought years ago!
By Smokeybob on 06/22/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned 5 fords & 1 chevy and finally decided to get out of the big truck mode. This was a huge decision and I am extremely please to say the right decision. What a great design, fun to drive and a pleasure to own. All this and I get to keep the extra dollars saved on gas. This is a solid built truck and does the job. Hard to believe the big three couldn't figure out how to put the trunk feature in the full size trucks or design seats that actually fold up and give real cargo space. Oh did I mention no rattles either. Don't but a truck without test driving the Ridgeline. Get over your manly belief that only a full size truck will do. You will be surprised & a lot happier you did. I did & I am!

Just buy it
By larry on 05/20/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my ridgeline for a week now. LOVE IT. I was looking at buying a Toyota fj cruiser. On the ridgeline the back windows go down. Though I cannot climb a mountain, The ridgeline gave me the comfort I was looking for with a lot of features I would not have with the fj cruiser. Same towing capacity the same mileage, with a lot more comfort and class.

Honda convert from Dodge Dakota Quad 4x4
By SE MN Ridgeline RTL on 04/25/09 16:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Aquired the 09 Ridgeline RTL to replace 02 Dodge Dakota Quad 4x4 with 110K. I really like the Ridgeline and enjoy driving it each day. Solid build, minimal windnoise, even on windy days. Love the trunk! The seating and build is is better than the Dakota. Added an A.R.E. Z-series Cap for ~$2000, fit is okay, but these are not meant to be easily taken off and put back on like most fiberglass caps/toppers. Need to consider if you hall large objects now and then.

JUNK JUNK JUNK
By Honda Hater on 03/13/09 21:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Why I purchased this car I will never know. Look Honda has great compact, coupes and sedans.....but trucks???? They should leave it up to others. MPG is 10 at best. Interior is all plastic, cheap looking and rattles. Sun roof seal leaks in water if only glass is closed. Can't wait to get rid of this piece of junk. Only good thing is the stereo system w/ nav. Only 20 more months to go on lease. Then I'm running for a Tundra (real truck).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew-cab in VA is:

$107 per month*