2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
So Far So Good at 55,000 miles
By 209flyboy on 06/23/14 11:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 new and have no complaints. at 55,000 miles I have completed required services and no issues have arisen. I think this truck is perfect for a family of 5 who needs a vehicle that will pull a boat or travel trailer under 5000 pounds, carry those itmes that don't require a large powerful and expensive truck. This truck rides like a car and is comfortable. If you have a small family, this truck will fill your needs and I strongly recommend you check it out.

It's ok
By Larry on 08/12/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The mileage is Terrible for a V6 and it is really not very powerful of an engine. The paint is chipping off of mine fairly easily. Luckily I bought the paint plan. I am towing a camper and am already looking to a V8. I like the trunk and bed gate. Stereo is TERRIBLE. Does not even have IPOD jack. Overall it is ok but not thrilled. Every time I go for an oil change they find something to get the cost up to over $100.00 Our dealer outsources the paint dept. which I did not realize until after the purchase.

Awsome!
By Stan on 08/10/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have 8500 miles on it. Just got back from 2000+ mile trip -- Amarillo to Walsenburg, CO to San Luis Lake SP to Navajo SP to Durango to Albuquerque, NM to home. Towed 4400 lb (600 on hitch) travel trailer @ 55 mph (my choice -- was more comfortable driving 55 than faster -- I'm 67 yrs old!). Went over 3 passes (Raton: 7800ft, La Veta: 9400 ft, & Wolf Creek, 10,868 ft) -- 12.5 mpg while towing. Up passes at 55 mph until speed dropped, then reset cruise @ 40mph & stepped on throttle until transmission dropped into 2nd gear; walked the passes @ 3800rpm @ 40 mph in 2nd on cruise with no problems at all.

Superb!
By Stan - Amarillo on 08/06/10 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have 8500 miles on it. Just got back from 2000+ mile trip -- Amarillo to Walsenburg, CO to San Luis Lake SP to Navajo SP to Durango to Albuquerque, NM to home. Towed 4400 lb (600 on hitch) travel trailer @ 55 mph (my choice -- was more comfortable driving 55 than faster -- I'm 67 yrs old!). Went over 3 passes (Raton: 7800 ft, La Veta: 9400 ft, & Wolf Creek, 10,868 ft) -- 12.5 mpg while towing. Up passes at 55 mph until speed dropped, then reset cruise @ 40 mph & stepped on throttle until transmission dropped into 2nd gear; walked the passes @ 3800rpm @ 40 mph in 2nd on cruise with no problems at all. Absolutely fantastic truck. Has done everything I've asked of it & more.

Love my Ridgeline
By diesel on 07/29/10 22:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We decided to trade in our old SUV and get a pickup. The only Truck I was really interested in was a Ridgeline. Good news is I have not been disappointed in the four months since our vehicle purchase. The Ridgeline definitely turns heads. It is a very stylish truck with nifty features. Driving is a pleasure as there is almost a car like feel when driven. Overall a big time winner!

2009 Honda Ridgeline
By Larry on 06/18/10 21:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not real quick but will tow well and is build like a brick **** house. A 17 year old plowed in the back end of my truck and you could barely tell. Her car had to be towed.

It's a Keeper
By Patrick on 04/02/10 10:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has all the things in need in a pickup, all I read is that they have no power etc. BS. I traded in a 02 Silverado 5.3 V-8 and can honestly no tell much difference at all. But the gas mileage is much better. Don't listen to Non-Owners they're full of it. Only listen or talk to owners for there input.

Good Truck
By moman on 02/20/10 14:01 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is a replacement for my 2007 Tundra. Not as big however it is fun to drive and great in the snow. MPG is 14 City and 18 Hgwy however I expect it to get better with more miles on it. After 3 bumpers, three radios, new tires, drive belt, and battery on Tundra, it was worth giving up all the compliments on the Tundra's appearance to get a quality truck.

A Great Vehicle
By Tim on 12/14/09 07:10 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife has an 2007 RTS and complained that I was always taking her Ridgeline whenever I left the house. Told me to get my own, so I did. I couldn't be more pleased. Love driving the Ridgeline. Getting much better mileage than advertised. My first trip got 22.2 mpg and several tanks later, the worst I have gotten is 19.6 mpg. Love all the storage compartments.My Ridgeline handles like a car. I have driven all the trucks and this is by far my favorite.

Best for our family
By Richie on 12/04/09 22:24 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you are interested in an excellent choice for a family utility truck, the Honda Ridgeline RTS would be your choice. I traded in a 2008 Civic because my commuting days were over. I am extremely impressed with the quality, ride virtually no road noise and excellent workmanship of this vehicle. Although I don't drive aggressively, gas mileage on the road for me has been seen at 22.8 mpg using the cruise control on the Interstate. City has shown 17-18 mpg. Hauling utility and trailering is excellent with ample power. I really appreciate the under deck storage trunk and rear seat foldups to allow for ample carrying capacity. If your looking for the ultimate family vehicle, this is it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew-cab in VA is:

$117 per month*