Used 2009 Honda Ridgeline RT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Good Specs, no creature comfort
By ralcpa

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for approx. 4 years, 60k miles. Like the size, engine is decent (engine started to feel better at around 50k miles), tows fine (i'm towing just under the 5k lb. limit but not long distances). Here's my main beef..the wind noise is ungodly! Would buy again in an instant if quieter inside. Honda, would it kill you to drop in $150 of sound insulation? Keep the fluids fresh as it affects gas mileage greatly (3-4 mpg). If this were quieter it's a 5 out of 5, but don't expect it to replace a full size truck, that's not a beef, just a reality. The Ridgeline was meant to fill a different niche which it does nicely, I just wish it did it with less interior noise.

Suggested Improvements

Honda, put in some sound insulation!

Dirt Bike Friendly
By Fun Truck

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this truck to carry two Honda dirt bikes in the back and to tow a tent trailer all at the same time. I love this truck and it does everything I need a truck to do and more. Plus it is a Honda with outstanding quality, fantastic ride, and great gas mileage for a bigger truck. I test drove all the new trucks before buying and the Honda Ridgeline was by far the best truck for my lifestyle. I live in snow country and the AWD system works great. Honda's design for utility and storage is excellent.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, overall comfort, utility, storage, exterior looks, and the quality of the ride.

Suggested Improvements

Trailer wiring and Mp3 player input on the RT version

2009 Honda RT Ridgeline
By Ed

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Ridgeline 3 weeks ago. Have used it for hauling dirt bikes, firewood and took it deer hunting in the woods. This thing does it all for the everyday man. Not for the contractor worker. Runs great, peppy, hugs the road - no lean. First out I did trip displays, got 18.2 - 20.3 mpg. Not bad for 500 miles on it. Compares to mpg on my Chevy silverado. Roomy front and back seats and lots of storage. Love the trunk idea. Works great for locking the chain saw in and other valuables. A good all-around multi-use vehicle for the everyday dad/man.

Favorite Features

Runs great, Honda reliability. Drive and rides nice. A multi-use vehicle for the everyday man.

Suggested Improvements

RT model should come with 7-pin rv hook-up as standard like RTl and RTs. I had dealer add this item in with the sale.

Listen to real owners not to trolls
By Real owner non troll

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and foremost let me reiterate that I'm a real life Ridgeline owner. I came from a Ford F-150 and contrary to what others say, I have no reliability problems ever. I downgraded to a smaller house with a small garage and the Ford's size was just too much and it was an old workhorse. Enter the Ridgeline, and all I can say wow and wow, if this truck had a more peppy engine, it would be the BMW of pickups due to its almost telepathic handling. Truck is small on the outside, but humongous on the inside. The old Ridgeline was ugly and dorky, the new one is more visually appealing.

Favorite Features

Clever packaging inside, looks and feels big inside while diminutive on the outside. Is one heck of a looker when accessories are added. In bed trunk is brilliant. 19 mpg average, worst was 15 mpg, best was 22 mpg. Fits three car seats if needed, or two car seats and one adult. Smooth high speed handling.

Suggested Improvements

Torque, a bit more torque please, bed should be a foot longer, non reclining rear seats. Rear passenger space should stretch a bit.

Great truck for the money
By Phil

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent truck for the money. Base level model has all the features you'd want. It drives like a large car with a comfortable ride yet has the utility of a truck. Truck capabilities more than adequate for light duty work (towing a boat, hauling yard stuff or pulling a smaller RV) yet space and driving manners perfect for a family. This is about as close as one can get to the perfect vehicle that does everything for everyone. I have only had it for about a week and put on about 500 miles yet I am delighted with it. I have owned F150s which are also excellent trucks but this is by far a better value for someone in need of a "pleasure truck" (F150 much better heavy duty work truck).

Favorite Features

Carlike road manners and ride, great storage under the bed, long list of standard features, great gas mileage (for a truck), Honda quality - fit and finish excellent. This is also a very sharp looking truck that is extremely quiet and refined.

Suggested Improvements

Include trailer 7/4 pin connector as standard equipment (standard on all other trim levels) since it already comes prewired with a class III hitch. No other suggestions - this is an outstanding vehicle.