Used 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

my klunker trade
By tiger

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had many Honda / Acura's this is typical high quality, surprisingly large inside, 5 foot bed is all I need, in bed trunk is amazing, great feature, it replaced an old Silverado so not quite the towing capacity, but don't need that now. GREAT in SNOW, seamless transition to 4WD, great traction with stock tires, only my 2006 Acura RL has better traction on snow and ice. Could get better gas mileage, probably will increase with age is my Honda experience.

Favorite Features

It's a truck that rides like a Car, in bed trunk

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Great Truck
By Hunter

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got back from hunting. Bed was full and towing a pop-up camper from Denver to Craig and back. Avg 18 mpg and that included the driving on 4wd roads to and from the hunting area. Did everything I wanted it to do. On the highway from Denver to Winter Park and back I get 21 mpg and it is so nice to drive.

Favorite Features

Tool box, storage under seats, dual controls for heat and air

Suggested Improvements

Provide full size spare, low range, more ac power

Overheating transmission
By Don

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission warning light comes on, the transmission is overheating, the oil has a burnt smell.

3rd Ridgeline in three years
By GR8-1

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Third Ridgeline to date. Very reliable, dependable. Complaints: Add more seat travel or legroom for the driver! I am 5'10", another 2 - 3 inches of seat travel would make a WORLD of difference in comfort on long drives. I seldom have any passengers in the rear seat, for the one or two times yearly this occurs, I could move the driver seat up a bit. And speed up the wipers on the "high" setting. Otherwise, very comfortable truck. Adequate power on highways, full time four wheel drive great in snow/ice conditions.

Favorite Features

Power rear sliding window. Finally, a rear sliding window that is convenient! Auto down and UP for the driver window! In bed truck, two way tailgate. Heated wiper area.

Suggested Improvements

Again, add some legroom for the driver. And speed up the wipers a bit.

Awsome Truck
By L

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is great. I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone, but I'm not too sure as to what another writer was stating in reference to the looks of the 09 versus to earlier models. The only changes are cosmetics, i.e. new grill, colors, and other minor changes. The truck is awesome. It has the same payload as the small F-150. Again not to knock Ford, but I don't need a truck that size. The Honda carries my sportbike. You will need a trailer or a bigger truck such as a Ford or Chevy to to carry a bigger bike due to the length not the weight. I live in a townhouse not on a ranch, and the Ridgline does everything I need. The truck drivers like a large Accord.

Favorite Features

Trunk, XM, & Heated Seats. I live in the North East.

Suggested Improvements

Ergonomics: Stereo and other control placements.