2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Good Specs, no creature comfort
By ralcpa on 04/17/13 06:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for approx. 4 years, 60k miles. Like the size, engine is decent (engine started to feel better at around 50k miles), tows fine (i'm towing just under the 5k lb. limit but not long distances). Here's my main beef..the wind noise is ungodly! Would buy again in an instant if quieter inside. Honda, would it kill you to drop in $150 of sound insulation? Keep the fluids fresh as it affects gas mileage greatly (3-4 mpg). If this were quieter it's a 5 out of 5, but don't expect it to replace a full size truck, that's not a beef, just a reality. The Ridgeline was meant to fill a different niche which it does nicely, I just wish it did it with less interior noise.

Dirt Bike Friendly
By Fun Truck on 01/23/10 21:57 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this truck to carry two Honda dirt bikes in the back and to tow a tent trailer all at the same time. I love this truck and it does everything I need a truck to do and more. Plus it is a Honda with outstanding quality, fantastic ride, and great gas mileage for a bigger truck. I test drove all the new trucks before buying and the Honda Ridgeline was by far the best truck for my lifestyle. I live in snow country and the AWD system works great. Honda's design for utility and storage is excellent.

2009 Honda RT Ridgeline
By Ed on 11/23/09 07:38 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Ridgeline 3 weeks ago. Have used it for hauling dirt bikes, firewood and took it deer hunting in the woods. This thing does it all for the everyday man. Not for the contractor worker. Runs great, peppy, hugs the road - no lean. First out I did trip displays, got 18.2 - 20.3 mpg. Not bad for 500 miles on it. Compares to mpg on my Chevy silverado. Roomy front and back seats and lots of storage. Love the trunk idea. Works great for locking the chain saw in and other valuables. A good all-around multi-use vehicle for the everyday dad/man.

Listen to real owners not to trolls
By Real owner non troll on 07/15/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and foremost let me reiterate that I'm a real life Ridgeline owner. I came from a Ford F-150 and contrary to what others say, I have no reliability problems ever. I downgraded to a smaller house with a small garage and the Ford's size was just too much and it was an old workhorse. Enter the Ridgeline, and all I can say wow and wow, if this truck had a more peppy engine, it would be the BMW of pickups due to its almost telepathic handling. Truck is small on the outside, but humongous on the inside. The old Ridgeline was ugly and dorky, the new one is more visually appealing.

Great truck for the money
By Phil on 06/26/09 10:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent truck for the money. Base level model has all the features you'd want. It drives like a large car with a comfortable ride yet has the utility of a truck. Truck capabilities more than adequate for light duty work (towing a boat, hauling yard stuff or pulling a smaller RV) yet space and driving manners perfect for a family. This is about as close as one can get to the perfect vehicle that does everything for everyone. I have only had it for about a week and put on about 500 miles yet I am delighted with it. I have owned F150s which are also excellent trucks but this is by far a better value for someone in need of a "pleasure truck" (F150 much better heavy duty work truck).

love my Ridgeline
By Gerry on 03/25/09 15:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Ridgeline now for over 3 months. I can't imagine a truck fitting my needs better. I love the looks, not just another pick-up. The in bed lock-able compartment is an answer to so many problems for pick-up owners Fun to drive, good mileage (19.5) mostly highway. I wish I knew what they were thinking when they put in that center glove box. ODD! Over all, I'd do it again in a second.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew-cab in VA is:

$134 per month*