Used 2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

So Far So Good at 55,000 miles
By 209flyboy

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 new and have no complaints. at 55,000 miles I have completed required services and no issues have arisen. I think this truck is perfect for a family of 5 who needs a vehicle that will pull a boat or travel trailer under 5000 pounds, carry those itmes that don't require a large powerful and expensive truck. This truck rides like a car and is comfortable. If you have a small family, this truck will fill your needs and I strongly recommend you check it out.

Favorite Features

I like the two way tailgate and the under deck water proof trunk which is great for shoppingb trips where the bags can be locked out of sight. Storage space is a big plus and plenty of power outlets. Engine is OK for small loads but don't expect to pull a heavy trailer. I have gotten close to 25 MPG on milage using cruise control. (18 21 norm using foot) Turning radius is very good for those U turns at intersections. The factory installed trailer hitch and electrical plugs are a big plus. Michellin tire a big plus.

Suggested Improvements

*Exterior needs some better factory installed trim. * Rear splash guards would be an improvement. * Cloth seats material gets dirty easily. You should keep covered or order leather interior which I would do on my next Ridgeline.

Good Specs, no creature comfort
By ralcpa

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for approx. 4 years, 60k miles. Like the size, engine is decent (engine started to feel better at around 50k miles), tows fine (i'm towing just under the 5k lb. limit but not long distances). Here's my main beef..the wind noise is ungodly! Would buy again in an instant if quieter inside. Honda, would it kill you to drop in $150 of sound insulation? Keep the fluids fresh as it affects gas mileage greatly (3-4 mpg). If this were quieter it's a 5 out of 5, but don't expect it to replace a full size truck, that's not a beef, just a reality. The Ridgeline was meant to fill a different niche which it does nicely, I just wish it did it with less interior noise.

Suggested Improvements

Honda, put in some sound insulation!

Great Truck
By Hunter

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got back from hunting. Bed was full and towing a pop-up camper from Denver to Craig and back. Avg 18 mpg and that included the driving on 4wd roads to and from the hunting area. Did everything I wanted it to do. On the highway from Denver to Winter Park and back I get 21 mpg and it is so nice to drive.

Favorite Features

Tool box, storage under seats, dual controls for heat and air

Suggested Improvements

Provide full size spare, low range, more ac power

Overheating transmission
By Don

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission warning light comes on, the transmission is overheating, the oil has a burnt smell.

It's ok
By Larry

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The mileage is Terrible for a V6 and it is really not very powerful of an engine. The paint is chipping off of mine fairly easily. Luckily I bought the paint plan. I am towing a camper and am already looking to a V8. I like the trunk and bed gate. Stereo is TERRIBLE. Does not even have IPOD jack. Overall it is ok but not thrilled. Every time I go for an oil change they find something to get the cost up to over $100.00 Our dealer outsources the paint dept. which I did not realize until after the purchase.

Favorite Features

Trunk in the bed and tail gate swing open or folds down. Also the trunk is supposed to also serve as a cooler with a plug in the bottom.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel. V8 engine. Better stereo The wire harness for the hitch should come standard. DUH.. You cant really tow without lights. Floor mats do not come with it and are $400.00. I know WHAT?