Used 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

So Far So Good at 55,000 miles
By 209flyboy

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 new and have no complaints. at 55,000 miles I have completed required services and no issues have arisen. I think this truck is perfect for a family of 5 who needs a vehicle that will pull a boat or travel trailer under 5000 pounds, carry those itmes that don't require a large powerful and expensive truck. This truck rides like a car and is comfortable. If you have a small family, this truck will fill your needs and I strongly recommend you check it out.

I like the two way tailgate and the under deck water proof trunk which is great for shoppingb trips where the bags can be locked out of sight. Storage space is a big plus and plenty of power outlets. Engine is OK for small loads but don't expect to pull a heavy trailer. I have gotten close to 25 MPG on milage using cruise control. (18 21 norm using foot) Turning radius is very good for those U turns at intersections. The factory installed trailer hitch and electrical plugs are a big plus. Michellin tire a big plus.

*Exterior needs some better factory installed trim. * Rear splash guards would be an improvement. * Cloth seats material gets dirty easily. You should keep covered or order leather interior which I would do on my next Ridgeline.

It's ok
By Larry

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The mileage is Terrible for a V6 and it is really not very powerful of an engine. The paint is chipping off of mine fairly easily. Luckily I bought the paint plan. I am towing a camper and am already looking to a V8. I like the trunk and bed gate. Stereo is TERRIBLE. Does not even have IPOD jack. Overall it is ok but not thrilled. Every time I go for an oil change they find something to get the cost up to over $100.00 Our dealer outsources the paint dept. which I did not realize until after the purchase.

Trunk in the bed and tail gate swing open or folds down. Also the trunk is supposed to also serve as a cooler with a plug in the bottom.

Telescoping steering wheel. V8 engine. Better stereo The wire harness for the hitch should come standard. DUH.. You cant really tow without lights. Floor mats do not come with it and are $400.00. I know WHAT?

Awsome!
By Stan

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have 8500 miles on it. Just got back from 2000+ mile trip -- Amarillo to Walsenburg, CO to San Luis Lake SP to Navajo SP to Durango to Albuquerque, NM to home. Towed 4400 lb (600 on hitch) travel trailer @ 55 mph (my choice -- was more comfortable driving 55 than faster -- I'm 67 yrs old!). Went over 3 passes (Raton: 7800ft, La Veta: 9400 ft, & Wolf Creek, 10,868 ft) -- 12.5 mpg while towing. Up passes at 55 mph until speed dropped, then reset cruise @ 40mph & stepped on throttle until transmission dropped into 2nd gear; walked the passes @ 3800rpm @ 40 mph in 2nd on cruise with no problems at all.

In bed trunk; dual heat zones; easy to drive; transmission will download to 3rd on downgrade to hold speed; D-3 button; trailer-ready; electric rear window; reliability; towing capacity; bed light locations; 12V outlets; 6 disk mp3 changer; sub-woofer. Dual-action tailgate.

Adjustable lumbar support for passenger

Superb!
By Stan - Amarillo

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have 8500 miles on it. Just got back from 2000+ mile trip -- Amarillo to Walsenburg, CO to San Luis Lake SP to Navajo SP to Durango to Albuquerque, NM to home. Towed 4400 lb (600 on hitch) travel trailer @ 55 mph (my choice -- was more comfortable driving 55 than faster -- I'm 67 yrs old!). Went over 3 passes (Raton: 7800 ft, La Veta: 9400 ft, & Wolf Creek, 10,868 ft) -- 12.5 mpg while towing. Up passes at 55 mph until speed dropped, then reset cruise @ 40 mph & stepped on throttle until transmission dropped into 2nd gear; walked the passes @ 3800rpm @ 40 mph in 2nd on cruise with no problems at all. Absolutely fantastic truck. Has done everything I've asked of it & more.

In bed trunk; dual heat zones; easy to drive; transmission will download to 3rd on downgrade to hold speed; D-3 button; trailer-ready; electric rear window; reliability; towing capacity; bed light locations; 12 V outlets; 6 disk mp3 changer; sub-woofer.

Passenger adjustable lumbar support.

Love my Ridgeline
By diesel

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We decided to trade in our old SUV and get a pickup. The only Truck I was really interested in was a Ridgeline. Good news is I have not been disappointed in the four months since our vehicle purchase. The Ridgeline definitely turns heads. It is a very stylish truck with nifty features. Driving is a pleasure as there is almost a car like feel when driven. Overall a big time winner!

Very roomy. Fits five full size adults with ease. The fold up second seats are great. Love the in bed trunk! Stereo system is fine. Handles off- roading just fine.

The bed of the trunk needs to be more scratch resistant. Gas milage could be a little better. Finally why not a third seat in the front? There is plently of room for it.