Used 2009 Honda Ridgeline RT Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Better value for your dollar!
By Rob Riegel

2009 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 09 RT used from a very reputable dealer one year ago with 80 k miles. 20k miles later and no major issues. Every time I take it in for service my mechanic is amazed to see how clean it is inside where oil cap screws in. I use Mobil 1 full synthetic oil with proper oil filter. Engine runs strong and gets up to 23 mpg on the highway with a light load and not towing anything. I have not towed anything yet. Great handling on dirt roads and muddy roads and there was not a need to use 4wd feature. Acceleration and shifting is good. Climate control is good. Height and visibility is good. Stereo system sound is ok. Plenty of storage, which is really awesome. Interior fabric stains too easy from water. Love the sliding rear window. Love the extra storage in the cab and in truck bed, which beats the storage of a Toyota. There is ample passenger space. Love the way the rear seats fold up to load extra cargo. Transmission has a little clunk, but it's normal. It's from how I operate the accelerator pedal as trans picks up the slop. I can get about 380 miles per tank of gas. Full synthetic oil change every 5,000 miles and I service the fuel system with one can of sea foam at every oil change interval. Once a month I fill the gas tank with non ethanol gas. I'll be due for 4 wheel brake service soon and 4 new tires. I compared this truck to a certified Toyota Tacoma. Toyota has a nice reputation, but I got a better deal on this truck and it's got everything that I need at a fraction of the cost. Paint chips to easily, but that's where touch up paint comes in handy. Suspension, steering, brakes and any of the power options work great. No report on the 4wd yet, because I have not used it. Cruise control works great and the TPMS is accurate. I like the 5 ft bed. It's not to big and not to small. This is a very practical truck for the working man and I chose a 285.00 a month payment vs a 400.00 a month payment of the Toyota Tacoma certified(2 door single cab 4 cyl 2009). I'll expect 400k miles on this Honda motor. Once the motor is tired then I'll replace it, because this truck serves a better purpose for me than any other general truck. It's like a small military truck.lol. People keep trying to buy my truck and I tell them no. The only thing that concerns me is the air bag recall. The part won't be available until later in the year.

Good Specs, no creature comfort
By ralcpa

2009 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for approx. 4 years, 60k miles. Like the size, engine is decent (engine started to feel better at around 50k miles), tows fine (i'm towing just under the 5k lb. limit but not long distances). Here's my main beef..the wind noise is ungodly! Would buy again in an instant if
quieter inside. Honda, would it kill you to drop in $150 of sound insulation? Keep the fluids fresh as it affects gas mileage greatly (3-4 mpg). If this were quieter it's a 5 out of 5, but don't expect it to replace a full size truck, that's not a beef, just a reality. The Ridgeline was meant to fill a different niche which it does nicely, I just wish it did it with less interior noise.

Honda, put in some sound insulation!

Dirt Bike Friendly
By Fun Truck

2009 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this truck to carry two Honda dirt bikes in the back and to tow a tent trailer all at the same time. I love this truck and it does everything I need a truck to do and more. Plus it is a Honda with outstanding quality, fantastic ride, and great gas mileage for a bigger truck. I test drove all the new trucks before buying and the Honda Ridgeline was by far the best truck for my lifestyle. I live in snow country and the AWD system works great. Honda's design for utility and storage is excellent.

Gas mileage, overall comfort, utility, storage, exterior looks, and the quality of the ride.

Trailer wiring and Mp3 player input on the RT version

2009 Honda RT Ridgeline
By Ed

2009 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Ridgeline 3 weeks ago. Have used it for hauling dirt bikes, firewood and took it deer hunting in the woods. This thing does it all for the everyday man. Not for the contractor worker. Runs great, peppy, hugs the road - no lean. First out I did trip displays, got 18.2 - 20.3 mpg. Not bad for 500 miles on it. Compares to mpg on my Chevy silverado. Roomy front and back seats and lots of storage. Love the trunk idea. Works great for locking the chain saw in and other valuables. A good all-around multi-use vehicle for the everyday dad/man.

Runs great, Honda reliability. Drive and rides nice. A multi-use vehicle for the everyday man.

RT model should come with 7-pin rv hook-up as standard like RTl and RTs. I had dealer add this item in with the sale.

Listen to real owners not to trolls
By Real owner non troll

2009 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and foremost let me reiterate that I'm a real life Ridgeline owner. I came from a Ford F-150 and contrary to what others say, I have no reliability problems ever. I downgraded to a smaller house with a small garage and the Ford's size was just too much and it was an old workhorse. Enter the Ridgeline, and all I can say wow and wow, if this truck had a more peppy engine, it would be the BMW of pickups due to its almost telepathic handling. Truck is small on the outside, but humongous on the inside. The old Ridgeline was ugly and dorky, the new one is more visually appealing.

Clever packaging inside, looks and feels big inside while diminutive on the outside. Is one heck of a looker when accessories are added. In bed trunk is brilliant. 19 mpg average, worst was 15 mpg, best was 22 mpg. Fits three car seats if needed, or two car seats and one adult. Smooth high speed handling.

Torque, a bit more torque please, bed should be a foot longer, non reclining rear seats. Rear passenger space should stretch a bit.