2009 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
So Far So Good at 55,000 miles
By 209flyboy on 06/23/14 11:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 new and have no complaints. at 55,000 miles I have completed required services and no issues have arisen. I think this truck is perfect for a family of 5 who needs a vehicle that will pull a boat or travel trailer under 5000 pounds, carry those itmes that don't require a large powerful and expensive truck. This truck rides like a car and is comfortable. If you have a small family, this truck will fill your needs and I strongly recommend you check it out.

Good Specs, no creature comfort
By ralcpa on 04/17/13 06:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for approx. 4 years, 60k miles. Like the size, engine is decent (engine started to feel better at around 50k miles), tows fine (i'm towing just under the 5k lb. limit but not long distances). Here's my main beef..the wind noise is ungodly! Would buy again in an instant if quieter inside. Honda, would it kill you to drop in $150 of sound insulation? Keep the fluids fresh as it affects gas mileage greatly (3-4 mpg). If this were quieter it's a 5 out of 5, but don't expect it to replace a full size truck, that's not a beef, just a reality. The Ridgeline was meant to fill a different niche which it does nicely, I just wish it did it with less interior noise.

Great Truck
By Hunter on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got back from hunting. Bed was full and towing a pop-up camper from Denver to Craig and back. Avg 18 mpg and that included the driving on 4wd roads to and from the hunting area. Did everything I wanted it to do. On the highway from Denver to Winter Park and back I get 21 mpg and it is so nice to drive.

Overheating transmission
By Don on 08/18/10 17:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission warning light comes on, the transmission is overheating, the oil has a burnt smell.

It's ok
By Larry on 08/12/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The mileage is Terrible for a V6 and it is really not very powerful of an engine. The paint is chipping off of mine fairly easily. Luckily I bought the paint plan. I am towing a camper and am already looking to a V8. I like the trunk and bed gate. Stereo is TERRIBLE. Does not even have IPOD jack. Overall it is ok but not thrilled. Every time I go for an oil change they find something to get the cost up to over $100.00 Our dealer outsources the paint dept. which I did not realize until after the purchase.

Awsome!
By Stan on 08/10/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have 8500 miles on it. Just got back from 2000+ mile trip -- Amarillo to Walsenburg, CO to San Luis Lake SP to Navajo SP to Durango to Albuquerque, NM to home. Towed 4400 lb (600 on hitch) travel trailer @ 55 mph (my choice -- was more comfortable driving 55 than faster -- I'm 67 yrs old!). Went over 3 passes (Raton: 7800ft, La Veta: 9400 ft, & Wolf Creek, 10,868 ft) -- 12.5 mpg while towing. Up passes at 55 mph until speed dropped, then reset cruise @ 40mph & stepped on throttle until transmission dropped into 2nd gear; walked the passes @ 3800rpm @ 40 mph in 2nd on cruise with no problems at all.

Superb!
By Stan - Amarillo on 08/06/10 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have 8500 miles on it. Just got back from 2000+ mile trip -- Amarillo to Walsenburg, CO to San Luis Lake SP to Navajo SP to Durango to Albuquerque, NM to home. Towed 4400 lb (600 on hitch) travel trailer @ 55 mph (my choice -- was more comfortable driving 55 than faster -- I'm 67 yrs old!). Went over 3 passes (Raton: 7800 ft, La Veta: 9400 ft, & Wolf Creek, 10,868 ft) -- 12.5 mpg while towing. Up passes at 55 mph until speed dropped, then reset cruise @ 40 mph & stepped on throttle until transmission dropped into 2nd gear; walked the passes @ 3800rpm @ 40 mph in 2nd on cruise with no problems at all. Absolutely fantastic truck. Has done everything I've asked of it & more.

Love my Ridgeline
By diesel on 07/29/10 22:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We decided to trade in our old SUV and get a pickup. The only Truck I was really interested in was a Ridgeline. Good news is I have not been disappointed in the four months since our vehicle purchase. The Ridgeline definitely turns heads. It is a very stylish truck with nifty features. Driving is a pleasure as there is almost a car like feel when driven. Overall a big time winner!

Why stop?
By SPANKIE on 07/21/10 04:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Word is that Honda will no longer build the Ridgeline. Too bad. Yes, it is different, but who else has the in bed trunk? I carry enough tools to fill it and I can keep a clean truck without loading and unloading daily. The ride is great and it pulls my boat with ease. I hope someone takes this concept and continues. If you really need a truck, buy one. BUT, if you just need a truck once in a while, the Ridgeline is great. I'm on my 3d one, so I was sold by the versatility and pleasant drive.

2009 Honda Ridgeline
By Larry on 06/18/10 21:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not real quick but will tow well and is build like a brick **** house. A 17 year old plowed in the back end of my truck and you could barely tell. Her car had to be towed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Ridgeline in VA is:

$134 per month*