2008 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - The ultimate everything vehicle

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Review

RTL Crew Cab Pickup (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

The ultimate everything vehicle
By Engineer on

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive 200 miles round trip a day mostly highway on cruise. My mileage was low until I put about 15,000 on the truck but now regularly get 22MPG cruising at 70 with my high being 23.9. I have found that the power is quite good but the VSA system intrudes too much leaving most folks with the impression it doesn't have low end power. If you switch the button off the truck will launch hard indicating Honda should rethink the programming. My biggest beefs are lack of a telescoping wheel that allows one to rest your elbows on the door and console pad without feeling like you're reaching. Seat comfort is misleading; way too hard. I will be the first in line for a new dturbo diesel.

Favorite Features

Build quality and attention to detail. Trunk and bed liner.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping wheel!!, power passenger seat, one touch moonroof opening, rear mud flaps and auto dimming rear view mirror, fogs as standard!!!! Trucks turning circle is as bad as my f250 crew cab! Makes it hard to park in tight lots.