2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: So far, So Good

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Review

So far, So Good
By RS on

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and bought the Honda Ridgeline. I've had the Ridgeline for almost 1 month and am not disappointed. It has the quality that I expect from Honda. (My 2001 Ford Sport Trac failed in comparison to the Ridgeline with respect to quality, roominess, comfort, design, handling & 4wd performance). We got a six inch snow the day that I bought the Ridgeline. The 4WD with vehicle stability assist (VSA) is an excellent performer. I took the Ridgeline to an empty lot and tried to get it to fish-tail or spin-out. It didn't....good engineering.

Favorite Features

Fold up rear seats give plenty of room in the back...can fit my Trek Madone inside the back w/o removing the wheels!, In bed trunk, Power/Heated seats, Power sliding rear window, Auto temp control, The ability to program how the doors are locked/unlocked when put into Park.

Suggested Improvements

Add telescopic adjustment on the steering wheel. (Starbuck coffee drinkers: the design of the cup holders causes the sleeve to pull off starbuck cups.) I really liked the lock/unlock key pad on the drivers door of my Ford...wished the Ridgeline had one. Class 3 hitch should be standard equipment.