2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: Love affair is over

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Review

RTL Crew Cab Pickup (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

Love affair is over
By cheryl driscoll on

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was so happy when I first brought home my ridgeline. The problems started when the first sleet and ice storm hit, when I was coming home from work that night at 10: pm I couldn't get the defroster to melt the ice off the windshield and had to pull over several times before I got home to scrape the window. My feet were freezing, mechanic said you can either have warm feet and not much windshield defrost or vise versa. Second problem, steering box under the left front wheel broke at about 7,000 miles. Next, the rear left lens cover let water in the tail light, and now, heat/ac completely gone at 26,000. I didnt realize I would become best friends with my mechanic. Toyota, I'm coming back!

Love the way it feels when I drive it. Lots of room for camping gear and a car seat for my little grandson who says he loves my truck. Can lift up half of the back seat so the dog can come with us. Really like the comfortable seats for me, that was why I bought it.

Better gas mileage! Better defrost/floor heat. I have to wear heavy winter boots and socks so I can see out the window in the winter.