2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: Not Bad

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Not Bad
By Trucker on

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this truck(sort of) in May. I have 10K miles. This truck is easy to drive with great brakes and a nice suspension. It tows my bass boat and 14' trailer with no problems except for frequent shifting. One annoying thing is that the truck routinely shifts out of top gear on the highway even without a trailer. Engine could use more low end to reduce shifts. Great upper end power. Seats seem to stain easily. Interior storage is nice. Have noticed some torque steer trying to pass. This truck is really handy and practical. Other vehicle is a 2005 F150. Ridgeline is easier to drive and park. Only reason for F150 is hauling horses. Overall it is a great truck that can handle almost everything.

Favorite Features

Trunk, power rear window, cabin space, Michelins, handling, brakes, cold AC, overall functionality. Tows better than I thought

Suggested Improvements

More low end to reduce shifting, this truck is ugly-different wheels would help, fuel economy is improving (17- 18mpg avg.) but not as good as I hoped (I live in a hilly area though). Tailgate swing out latch broke. Weird shift lever-can't tell if it's in gear, Seats are hard, cloth interior stains.