My Test Drive of the 2008 Ridgeline RTS
By Tim on
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
This was my first time to drive a Ridgeline. A very nice truck and easy to get in and out of and my wife who is 5'1" tall had no difficulty stepping up and out of the truck. She said no running boards required for this truck. The truck is very quite and the engine is smooth. Didn't quite have the get up and go as my 2005 Honda Accord which has a 4 cylinder but still adequate power. The fuel economy is rated 15 mph for city and 20 mph for highway. The salesman said the one that he had he averaged about 24 mph highway. Whether that is true or not I don't know. The cornering ability was impressive. Overall I think it's a very nice truck and I might just buy one if the price is right.
Favorite Features
The seats are comfortable, the composite bed and locking storage is a very nice feature. I need the lumbar support and really like the electronic seat adjustments. The tailgate that opens 2 ways, that is nice. The electric rear window that slides open is a nice feature as well. Storage is good.
Suggested Improvements
Accessories for this truck from Honda are pricey. Here's some options that should be standard: telescoping steering column, fog lamps, rear mud flaps, and a much larger rear view mirror with compass and automatic dimming feature for when those bright lights come up behind you. Improve fuel economy.