2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: Love this nearly perfect truck

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Review

RTS Crew Cab Pickup (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

Love this nearly perfect truck!
By David on

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2008 RTS in April 2008 and got $4,500 cash rebate. Out the door I paid about $6k below sticker price -- nice! The truck is my second vehicle (1st is a BMW M3), and I use it pretty much only for carrying a quad to Rocky Point, Mexico, or out to the desert here in Phoenix. The Ridgeline is perfect for these trips....the ride is amazingly smooth (better than my BMW) and the truck tows and hauls pretty effortlessly. Mileage varies from about 15-20mpg, but again this is always with a 400lb TRX450 quad in the back which is both heavy and not aerodynamic, so I am not complaining. Plus, did you know gas is only $2.15/gal. in Mexico??

Favorite Features

The best feature of this truck is its non-truck-like ride. It's basically a tall Honda Accord behind the wheel. 4-wheel drive is awesome and has not left me stranded yet. The power is fair and the interior is not Mercedes level, but perfectly fine for what this vehicle does.

Suggested Improvements

Accessories/options are not really packaged in any way that makes sense. If you want leather, you have to get the top of the line RTL which may have other features you don't want or need; why not make this stuff a-la-carte? Mileage could be better and sheet metal seems a little thin.